Heartrate adaptable emtb

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
Does this sort of technology exist for ebikes? My dad wants to get an e-bike but he was hoping he can set the bike to a certain level of exertion like say 140-160bpm heartrate. So if you were overexerting it would increase power or reduce if it was less.

Just curious but I can't find much info on the internet about it.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Pretty sure that technology doesn’t exist however with something like a Garmin watch you can set a heart rate threshold that sounds an alarm when the bpm is exceeded.

I had an illness and wanted to get back into running post surgery. The dr advised me not to exceed around 180bpm, so that’s when I used a Garmin device set to 175bpm. When the alarm sounded, I slowed down. Simple. It worked for me. As an added bonus I felt like the Incredible Hulk

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
Pretty sure that technology doesn’t exist however with something like a Garmin watch you can set a heart rate threshold that sounds an alarm when the bpm is exceeded.

I had an illness and wanted to get back into running post surgery. The dr advised me not to exceed around 180bpm, so that’s when I used a Garmin device set to 175bpm. When the alarm sounded, I slowed down. Simple. It worked for me. As an added bonus I felt like the Incredible Hulk
Nice thats a good Idea, thanks! Yeah I think he's just concerned about 'losing the exercise component' but I think he has yet to understand it is still very much intensive exercise. I think I need to get him to rent an SL version of an e-bike.

MB1

Dec 28, 2019
Cumbria
It’s definitely available technology and already quite good. I’ve recently purchased a Mondraker Dusty RR with mahile’s x20 hub motor. It links with a garmin hr and adjusts the power based on hr. It works well to. Got to say, hub motors have come on significantly, for a gravel bike it’s a fantastic ride!

RareBird

Jun 9, 2022
Mendocino, CA
Specialized Turbo Levos can do this using their Mission Control app. Works well on long steady grades, but not in terrain where assistance can lag until heart rate spikes. My Levo has the mastermind TCU, but I *think* it should work for all Turbo Levos.

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
Melko varma, että tekniikkaa ei ole olemassa, mutta Garmin-kellon kaltaisella laitteella voit asettaa sykekynnyksen, joka hälyttää, kun lyöntinopeus ylittyy.

Minulla oli sairaus ja halusin palata juoksuun leikkauksen jälkeen. Lääkäri neuvoi minua olemaan yli 180 lyöntiä minuutissa, joten silloin käytin Garmin-laitetta, joka oli asetettu 175 lyöntiin minuutissa. Kun hälytys soi, hidastin vauhtia. Yksinkertainen. Se toimi minulle. Lisäbonuksena tunsin olevani Incredible Hulk
minähmisen tärkein kunto ominaisuus on KESTÄVYYS.Kehittyy pitkässä suorituksessa 2-4 tuntiin sykkeellä 110-130 esim, 50-70v ihmisellä. 180- 175 on mahdollisuus rikkoa itsenne .HARJOITUKSELLA OLISIT MENOSSA MM KISOIHIN JOSSA KESTÄVYYS LOPPUU ALKU METREILLÄ. Siis kehittäkää aerobista kuntoanne.Jaksaa harrastaa ja voi hyvin. Tepi 34 marathonin veteraani.

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
It’s definitely available technology and already quite good. I’ve recently purchased a Mondraker Dusty RR with mahile’s x20 hub motor. It links with a garmin hr and adjusts the power based on hr. It works well to. Got to say, hub motors have come on significantly, for a gravel bike it’s a fantastic ride!
awesome I will let him know! thanks

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I'll ne honest. I don't get why people need this technology. If you want to control heart rate. Slap a heart rate monitor on and apply more or less effort to get your heart rate into the zone you want. It's not hard.

Click up or down a power level on ya e bike and or put more or less force in the pedals.

Why does it need to be any more complex than that?

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This technology exists, and specialized was the first to introduce it few years ago, but its mostly designed to help skilled athletes to improve their cardiovacular performance.
Please take my advice to not consider it as a means to control or prevent heart health issues!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles