heart rate for training sweet spot sorted.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
On my Pro 3 riding on a a long gravel mud track for example I couldn’t use the smallest cog as I would hit the 25kph barrier before I got cadance and engine in the sweet spot. Leaving me in the next gear cadance shot up obviously so did power. But the effort and heart rate wasn’t high enough for calorie burn. It sort of annoyed me I couldn’t use the last gear on a flat to get my heart rate beyond 120 before I hit the cut off. I tried to reduce engine power in the app but obviously that still left me without last gear use on the flat without it feeling really laboured and wrong geared.
With the badassbox 4 it has unlocked the last cog and the cadance I can get makes the engine assist work well on the flat muddy track. All in all I can now get a magic 140 heart rate along the straight in last gear. Meaning the same level as my running. It makes the last gear useful on the flat too. Plus it doesn’t really give you much more top speed just a couple of miles before cadence becomes too high (cadence to high makes me look ‘gifted and talented ?). I’m obviously talking about only using the ECO mode. So it was a good purchase.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles