Giant ebike heart rate support

niccomaz

Mar 2, 2023
Florence Italy
Good morning to everybody.
I purchase a new ebike Giant TranceX e+2 2022, with RideDash Evo display. I would like to pair an heart rate monitor, and see the frequencies on the Giant display. it seem that pairing should set up from RideControl App to blutooth/ANT heart monitor.

unfortunately , I have not been able to view any heart rate monitor within the application.

Is there anyone who managed to make it work?

many thanks

eDirt

Nov 2, 2022
USA
I wish I could figure that out myself. I added a Ridedash unit to my 21 Trance but could never gat my Bluetooth heartrate monitor to register with the software. What irritates me is that they clearly show a heart rate symbol on the screenshots in the App Store for the RideControl software so it’s apparently supposed to work. If anyone figures it out let us know how you do it and what model monitor you’re using. I’ve been unable to get any answers from Giant even going through my LBS’s contact or the contact of the shop where I bought the display.

Other than the heart rate issue I do like the fields available on the display though the size of the sub fields is a bit too small for my eyes to make out easily. Font height on those is about half the height of the ones on the cheap XOSS bike computer I’ve got to use now to see heart rate.

niccomaz

Mar 2, 2023
Florence Italy
I wish I could figure that out myself. I added a Ridedash unit to my 21 Trance but could never gat my Bluetooth heartrate monitor to register with the software. What irritates me is that they clearly show a heart rate symbol on the screenshots in the App Store for the RideControl software so it’s apparently supposed to work. If anyone figures it out let us know how you do it and what model monitor you’re using. I’ve been unable to get any answers from Giant even going through my LBS’s contact or the contact of the shop where I bought the display.

Other than the heart rate issue I do like the fields available on the display though the size of the sub fields is a bit too small for my eyes to make out easily. Font height on those is about half the height of the ones on the cheap XOSS bike computer I’ve got to use now to see heart rate.
hi, exactly ... they publish images and articles on their app and site, that shown blutooth cardio support working fine..
misleading advertising...
i recieve 3 different answer from giant support ...
- the first is that Ridedash Evo has not compatibility with bluetooth cardio monitor .. they offered to replace that product with RideControl Dash (lower-end product)
- the second is that Ridedash Evo has not compatibility with bluetooth cardio monitor .. they offered to replace that product with RideDash Plus 2 (lower-end product)
- the third (the most plausible answer for me) , The Giant developer Team claim that Ridecontrol App nowadays is not "ready/open" for bluetooth thirdparty connection...there is no planning for enable this features.

I also tryed pairing with original Giant cardio monitor....nothing else .. from Ridecontrol App i can see only my ebike...

Giant assistance is ridiculous

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles