2020 E-Reign Progressive rate and coil shock?

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
Does anyone run their e-reign with a coil shock, not sure of the progressive rate, but think the normal reign is around 19%, so bit touch and go for a coil, reason i ask is i have a spare shock that i've taken off another bike and looking to use this to trial, but also for when the X2 is away being serviced, but wondering if anyone has tried a coil on their bike?

I've also got a progressive spring and normal spring, so working out what to start with in terms of testing, but if someone else has done this it'll save me the hassle! It's a DHX2 that's going to be the spare between the bikes.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Only way to find out is to try it! Although having had an acoustic Reign, from memory the Maestro suspension is really plush so a coil may not be necessary.....

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Not a reign, but maestro...I have a dvo jade x and progressive spring on a trance e and it works great. But I did need a fairly heavy rate spring

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
It's all just a play around, as i have 3 shocks on two bikes with the same trunnion mounted lengths, so have the DVO Jade X, DHX2 and X2, will have a play with the DHX2 with progressive spring maybe, worst case i just go back to the X2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles