Levo Gen 3 Has anyone tried this rear mudguard for the Gen3 Turbo Levo?

milkandrelish

Nov 29, 2022
Arcata, CA
It looks like it could get crushed by the linkage, but I wanted to ask if anyone has tried it. Looks to have good reviews on eBay.

Central Coast Bikes Gen 3 Turbo Levo

Screenshot_20221212-201402.png

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
On this side of the pond...

Mudhuggers are a bit problematic to find in the States. Mudhuggers is working on a new distribution model. The USA distributor has (had) low inventory. No replenishment of stock is planned.

The SCICOMMTB products can be shipped to the USA with the caveat that the Royal Mail strikes impact the shipping times.

So, we trim and hack and work on translating things like the Amygos ordering page ;-)

seanallgire

Nov 21, 2022
USA
I was looking at the SICOMTB Rear Fender, but as @upperoso mentioned there is a shipping delay and they are a bit more expensive to get here in the USA. I still might order one!
Yeah luckily I got mine shipped here to the States when there wasn’t a strike to worry about. The fit and finish were worth the extra $ IMO

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I have an old front mudhugger (frx) I trimmed down on the back of my gen2 levo, but my mate has the RRP rear on his Cheeb. I think it looks better than the mudhugger, but it may not extend quite as far down.
If I didn't already have a mudhugger, I would have bought the RRP rear.
I have the smaller bolt on RRP front on my fox fork and it's been great so far.

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden
Looks quite interesting! Which Mughugger model? Thanks
I have the older version, but this seems to be its replacment

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
I have a cut-down Mudhugger too (on a KSL, but it should fit) it keeps some crap out of the pivot area too
I saw a "how to" on youtube - googling Sam Hills rear Mudhugger.

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
I have the older version, but this seems to be its replacment
Great! Thanks. Ordered. Courage. Scissors at the ready.

seanallgire

Nov 21, 2022
USA
Does the sico mtb rear guard help protect the seat post / your legs / feet/ butt? I am wondering if this is just a product to protect the suspension or if it offers any support for the rest of your body!
TBH I can't say how well it works in the wet/mud. Most of the trails I like to ride in the area either have wooden features that get super slippery or clay features that don't hold up well to riding when they're wet. I bought the fender to keep as much of the sandy soil out of the linkage and bearings.

LouCyffer

Oct 2, 2022
UK
Does the sico mtb rear guard help protect the seat post / your legs / feet/ butt? I am wondering if this is just a product to protect the suspension or if it offers any support for the rest of your body!
I’ve run one for over 2 years now. It’s effective in keeping the suspension and lower area of the bike protected, but I don’t think it’s long enough to cover your ass, so to speak. Not that I’m disappointed as I bought it purely with the suspension in mind. I get plenty of crud on my seatpost/dropper/saddle etc. I use an Ass-saver during the winter to cut down on fling.

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
We have scicom guards on both our Gen3 bikes. Works really well keeping suspension/ bearings clean. In winter or wet, I fit the SKS rear mudguard over the scicom (adjustable angle built-in, easy to fit/ remove with velcro & zip ties). Keeps the bum largely clean & dry. But, I am an old fart…..

Gallijam

Jan 22, 2020
East Midlands
We have scicom guards on both our Gen3 bikes. Works really well keeping suspension/ bearings clean. In winter or wet, I fit the SKS rear mudguard over the scicom (adjustable angle built-in, easy to fit/ remove with velcro & zip ties). Keeps the bum largely clean & dry. But, I am an old fart…..
Had there latest on both levo and kenevo and the grud still gets in the lower linkage and ready there and builds up best without tbf

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Looks homemade 😳
Stu, it's not "home made" and is our 3rd rear mudguard released in the past 4 years. Our first was for the 2nd Generation 2019-2021 Levos. The second was for the SL's with the mudflap thingy from the factory and our latest is the 2022-2023 for the Levo.
We've sold over 2,000 of them with many good and photos from 30 different countries.

Privateerjon

Jul 24, 2022
Bristol
Stu, it's not "home made" and is our 3rd rear mudguard released in the past 4 years. Our first was for the 2nd Generation 2019-2021 Levos. The second was for the SL's with the mudflap thingy from the factory and our latest is the 2022-2023 for the Levo.
We've sold over 2,000 of them with many good and photos from 30 different countries.
He said, it “looks” homemade. And it does, I agree with him.

It might well perform and serve a purpose but the finish on the edges makes it look like it’s been cut cheaply, and lack of shape only adds to it.

Glad your getting some good sales and feedback on it, but compared to others that have been posted, it does appear to be a more basic option

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
He said, it “looks” homemade. And it does, I agree with him.

It might well perform and serve a purpose but the finish on the edges makes it look like it’s been cut cheaply, and lack of shape only adds to it.

Glad your getting some good sales and feedback on it, but compared to others that have been posted, it does appear to be a more basic option
We cut them on our 10 ton clicker press and the edges are definitely not rough or hand-cut and our customers certainly don't think they look "cheap"!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles