Harley Davidson (Serial 1) - Switch eMTB

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Harley Davidson's spin off/sub brand "Serial 1" has released an EMTB.

It's a hardtail ..

1655820015397.png

With a Brose Mag S motor and their own 529wh battery .. it's everything you've ever dreamed of - if you only have nightmares ..

The motor housing area has been designed to make it look like it has twin motors - probably so it makes you think V-Twin ! The downward curving shape in front of the motor is made to enable riders to use fallen trees to stop the bike in case of brake failure.

Weighing 24kg's - it's no lightweight for a hard tail.

On the bright side, it actually comes with decent tyres (not sure why). Has a dropper post ! Has in built lights and erm, a sidestand (which might be indicative of the target audience - though I guess you could take it off)...

I think serial 1 have summed the bike up perfectly, so no need to say more .. :unsure: : "Extremely off-road capable, SWITCH/MTN has the performance to satisfy an expert rider"

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I'm impressed with the rear triangle. It must be a weak design though because no one else seems to do it. It's a pity about the bb design - they have not consulted mtb riders who would never agree to have a tree stump stopper like that. Why didn't they angle it up?

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
Harley Davidson's spin off/sub brand "Serial 1" has released an EMTB.

It's a hardtail ..

View attachment 90640

With a Brose Mag S motor and their own 529wh battery .. it's everything you've ever dreamed of - if you only have nightmares ..

The motor housing area has been designed to make it look like it has twin motors - probably so it makes you think V-Twin ! The downward curving shape in front of the motor is made to enable riders to use fallen trees to stop the bike in case of brake failure.

Weighing 24kg's - it's no lightweight for a hard tail.

On the bright side, it actually comes with decent tyres (not sure why). Has a dropper post ! Has in built lights and erm, a sidestand (which might be indicative of the target audience - though I guess you could take it off)...

I think serial 1 have summed the bike up perfectly, so no need to say more .. :unsure: : "Extremely off-road capable, SWITCH/MTN has the performance to satisfy an expert rider"

At first I was thinking you were promoting this bike and had a response in mind but I couldn't spell yuck. Then I read your whole post and laughed so loud that my neighbors think I keep a crazy uncle locked in my attic.
You summed it up very nicely my friend!

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
I'm impressed with the rear triangle. It must be a weak design though because no one else seems to do it. It's a pity about the bb design - they have not consulted mtb riders who would never agree to have a tree stump stopper like that. Why didn't they angle it up?
Alpinestars used that design, in the 90s I guess, supposedly eliminates chain slap. Funnily enough, I saw a 90s vintage alpinastars frame like that just laying on the street a couple of weeks ago. It used to look so hi tech to me then, now it looks positively victorian.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Alpinestars used that design, in the 90s I guess, supposedly eliminates chain slap. Funnily enough, I saw a 90s vintage alpinastars frame like that just laying on the street a couple of weeks ago. It used to look so hi tech to me then, now it looks positively victorian.

Raised chainstays were all the rage way back when, for chain slap, and making super stiff rear ends for supposed climbing gains. All they did was break, and were really, really uncomfortable. Good for belt drives and SSs though.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
HD is a dying company, they’re doing anything they can to try to stay relevant. Their electric motorcycles failed miserably so it doesn’t surprise me that this is their E-bike answer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles