Happy to be here and looking for advice.

DurbanPoison79

May 31, 2020
ebikesrule
I’ve been riding a “normal” bike for a while and wasn’t really getting anywhere with my fitness. Everything around me is STEEP as hell and one ride to the top and back down was enough. I could never push myself to go up again ??.
I tried a couple of Specialized bikes and it was enlightening to say the least. I did multiple runs and loved it.
Anyway, I’m now looking for a bike and have a few options but don’t know what I should choose.
Do I choose a bike with entry level type components or should I choose something with a bigger battery, 500 vs 625 etc?
Im looking at a Trek Rail 7, a Giant Reign E+2 if that helps. At a push I could get enough funds to get a Giant Trance E+ 0 Pro as they’re at a crazy good price here at the moment.
The Trek has a bigger batter than both Giants do but I’ve had bad experiences with Bontrager rims and I hated the knock block in both of my Remedy’s. That said though, is the bigger battery that big a deal or should I look at getting a Giant range extender at some point?
A lot of questions and I look forward to some helpful answers.
Cheers

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
I’ve been riding a “normal” bike for a while and wasn’t really getting anywhere with my fitness. Everything around me is STEEP as hell and one ride to the top and back down was enough. I could never push myself to go up again ??.
I tried a couple of Specialized bikes and it was enlightening to say the least. I did multiple runs and loved it.
Anyway, I’m now looking for a bike and have a few options but don’t know what I should choose.
Do I choose a bike with entry level type components or should I choose something with a bigger battery, 500 vs 625 etc?
Im looking at a Trek Rail 7, a Giant Reign E+2 if that helps. At a push I could get enough funds to get a Giant Trance E+ 0 Pro as they’re at a crazy good price here at the moment.
The Trek has a bigger batter than both Giants do but I’ve had bad experiences with Bontrager rims and I hated the knock block in both of my Remedy’s. That said though, is the bigger battery that big a deal or should I look at getting a Giant range extender at some point?
A lot of questions and I look forward to some helpful answers.
Cheers
Bosch have an interesting gadget on their website - eBike range calculator for Bosch drive systems
I was getting a bit hung up on wanting a 625 rather than a 500 power tube battery but after entering all the data and playing around with the cadence/weight/tyres etc. I could see that I wasn't going to gain much. I also learned that I should not be such a lazy bas*ard and put a little bit of effort in! ??

DurbanPoison79

May 31, 2020
ebikesrule
Bosch have an interesting gadget on their website - eBike range calculator for Bosch drive systems
I was getting a bit hung up on wanting a 625 rather than a 500 power tube battery but after entering all the data and playing around with the cadence/weight/tyres etc. I could see that I wasn't going to gain much. I also learned that I should not be such a lazy bas*ard and put a little bit of effort in! ??
Thanks for that info.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I’ve been riding a “normal” bike for a while and wasn’t really getting anywhere with my fitness.
Ebike is ridiculously fun and takes the suffering out of climbs so you can do twice as much downhill , but that's a problem for fitness goals. Yesterday i got on the scale for the first time in 2 months. I had gained 10 pounds despite ebiking almost every day. It's just too easy to turn up the assist, so for the time being it's back to suffering on the regular bike for a few weeks. I just found that in the specialized ap you can track calories burnt so the information is there, it's just a matter not cheating so much.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles