Handlebar vibration. Carbon or aluminium ??

Andy price

Jan 23, 2020
Staffordshire
Hi. Guys so which is best aluminium or carbon handlebars for reducing the vibrations in your hands. If the tyres are at the right pressure and your forks are set up correctly for the trail your riding the last bit of shock or vibration you may feel in your hands which is best any ideas ?? Also anyone used Revgrips

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I agree about the Renthal Fatbar. It really does damp down the vibrations. But by the second ride you won't notice any more because it will be the new normal. :)

I also know, because I have read it many times on different Forums and from different riders, that some carbon bars are worse for vibration because they are too stiff. But the Renthal Fatbar is just right. There is a smidgen of doubt about the 35mm Fatbar though as that may also fall into the category of "too stiff". But I've only seen one reference to that and no personal experience.

Andy price

Jan 23, 2020
Staffordshire
I agree about the Renthal Fatbar. It really does damp down the vibrations. But by the second ride you won't notice any more because it will be the new normal. :)

I also know, because I have read it many times on different Forums and from different riders, that some carbon bars are worse for vibration because they are too stiff. But the Renthal Fatbar is just right. There is a smidgen of doubt about the 35mm Fatbar though as that may also fall into the category of "too stiff". But I've only seen one reference to that and no personal experience.
Thanks for your reply. ?

Andy price

Jan 23, 2020
Staffordshire
Sorry, Should have been more exacting.

Yes, many of us are running the carbon Renthals. As Steve S noted, once you run the bars a few times, you just get used to dampening effect & it just becomes the norm. The bars look nice as well!
So the way things are looking Carbon bars with some very expensive revgrips I do suffer a bit with my left wrist so looking for the Very best option. Cheers guys

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Sorry, Should have been more exacting.

Yes, many of us are running the carbon Renthals. As Steve S noted, once you run the bars a few times, you just get used to dampening effect & it just becomes the norm. The bars look nice as well!

Thhankyou, I’m on a set of them. Always ran fatbars previously and miss the familiar angles.

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
So the way things are looking Carbon bars with some very expensive revgrips I do suffer a bit with my left wrist so looking for the Very best option. Cheers guys

Re Revgrips: They are relatively expensive compared to other grips, but they are the main contact point on the bike. I have narrowed radial nerve exit on my left C5 cervical vertebrae which can result in severe numbness and needle&pins tingle of left hand after half and hour into a ride.

Over years I've tried dozen of different grips and settled on ESI Extra Chunkies. Then I came across a revgrips thread in here and immediately ordered a pair. I admit I was a bit sceptical but they really did work for me. Now I can ride for a couple of hours without pain setting in.

Had them on my Focus and when I bought my e160, the bar and revgrips swap was first thing to go on.

Andy price

Jan 23, 2020
Staffordshire
Re Revgrips: They are relatively expensive compared to other grips, but they are the main contact point on the bike. I have narrowed radial nerve exit on my left C5 cervical vertebrae which can result in severe numbness and needle&pins tingle of left hand after half and hour into a ride.

Over years I've tried dozen of different grips and settled on ESI Extra Chunkies. Then I came across a revgrips thread in here and immediately ordered a pair. I admit I was a bit sceptical but they really did work for me. Now I can ride for a couple of hours without pain setting in.

Had them on my Focus and when I bought my e160, the bar and revgrips swap was first thing to go on.
I think if they help even just a small amount they are worth the money. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles