Handlebar Remotes - Levo HT

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Back in April purchased a Levo HT for the other half and it although it was a 2019 model (built December 2018) it did not come with a handlebar remote. When picking up my FSR from Berkshire bikes a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the HTs they had in their shop all had remotes. I asked about this and the ever helpful staff told me to try contacting Specialized as they had previously had a supply issue, but had since started issuing the remotes.

It took a couple of weeks for Specialized to reply, but they replied today with the detail below.....

Initially our very first stocks of Levo hardtail in early 2017 did have the remote however due to an issue with the third party manufacturer these were removed for the remainder of the 2017 season and all of 2018 so as your bike was manufactured in this period it would not have come with one. Newer models 2019 and forward would have them as we have now employed another manufacturer to produce the remotes and have good stock again. As we do have good stock we have agreed to offer these remotes free of charge to anyone who does not have one. A store such as Berkshire Cycles may have decided to be proactive and fit these to their shop floor bikes which is why might see the same model in their store with a remote fitted.
If you do wish to have one of these remotes fitted to your bike simply head in to the store of purchase and let them know what you are after, they can then get in touch with us and we can arrange to send one out to them free of charge.

I'm not sure if anyone else has a HT without a handlebar remote, but it might be worth contacting your retailer to see if they can get one for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles