Handlebar protection whilst flipping bike upside down.

Dorian

Mar 8, 2021
South Wales
Just checking if there’s people on here that flip their bike upside down whilst cleaning - placing the bike in the car or just putting oil or indexing their gears? Interesting to hear people views as I may have a solution for those who do it ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@RustyMTB says - it's just a damned bike, and flips it on the floor.

Others have a couple of small wood blocks to rest the handle bars on, others just use an old rug.

S-Works owners use a new rug.

Despite regularly crashing mine .. for some reason I don't like turning it upside down .. Some people are weird ! :)

Dorian

Mar 8, 2021
South Wales
@RustyMTB says - it's just a damned bike, and flips it on the floor.

Others have a couple of small wood blocks to rest the handle bars on, others just use an old rug.

S-Works owners use a new rug.

Despite regularly crashing mine .. for some reason I don't like turning it upside down .. Some people are weird ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You get used to it .. if you just want to quote part of someone text .. Highlight it with your mouse and a small "reply" button pops up next to the text. Click that and it appears "quoted" in the reply box. Then type your reply below that.

If you want to reply to the whole thing, just click reply under that post - it then quotes the whole thing in the reply box and you enter your text under the quoted text - making sure you do it after the "QUOTE" text - or your text will be merged with the quoted text ! :)

I guess a lot of people just use a cheap bike stand and then it's off the ground completely.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I used to have handlebar ends on my previous bike which meant you could flip it on a ride if necessary without damaging the display or controls, I'm still trying to decide whether I should get some for my present bike.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I used to have handlebar ends on my previous bike which meant you could flip it on a ride if necessary without damaging the display or controls, I'm still trying to decide whether I should get some for my present bike.
You're so last year ! Handlebar ends !!! You need an endless handlebar !

wheel.jpg

Dorian

Mar 8, 2021
South Wales
This tool is there to stop this - it’s more of a DIY quick easy tool that sits next to your wash brush when you do some cleaning etc - are people even bothered on how the handle bars look ??? I guess these days if the answer is no then protective tape and carbon covers to protect the frame is pointless ?

D3FC8A2B-10A9-4ECE-855B-4C52E98EDACC.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If mine is upside down it's usually part of an unscheduled dismount and I'm too busy trying not to faceplant the scenery to worry about handlebar protection....

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Just checking if there’s people on here that flip their bike upside down whilst cleaning - placing the bike in the car or just putting oil or indexing their gears? Interesting to hear people views as I may have a solution for those who do it ?
Once its gotten dirty, scratched and has lost the new bike smell it'll be OK. You won't worry bout it as much.

Most components can take much more abuse than one would think.

Dorian

Mar 8, 2021
South Wales
What's wrong with a couple of pieces of foam pipe insulation?
I guess there’s nothing wrong with anything you use - I guess a more appropriate tool to do the job is kinda the solution - there’s nothing wrong with driving my bearings out of a carbon frame with a screw driver and hammer I’d just rather use a appropriate bearing extractor with a slide hammer as it will do a better job ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles