• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered GX AXS Jumping gears uphill only

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
I'm having issues occasionally with my AXS jumping gears when pedalling uphill. Its inconsistent but when it does it can happen over 3 to 6 gears in 3 or 4 seconds . It only ever happens moving to a smaller (higher) cog but when it does can stop me dead.

Has anyone else experienced this and it does seem to have been there since the system was fitted ? Any tips for rectifying ?

Bike is a 2020 Turbo Levo

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
First guesses would be cassette wear/chain wear. Have you got any pics of your cassette ?

Could also be b-screw adjustment if it's too far out you might have been getting less wrap around than you should. If it's too far in, the jockey could be touching the cassette.

This a good general check over for you :

Reactions: EME

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
@Zimmerframe Thanks Cassette and Chain seem fine both visually and checked for Stretch.

Thats a great video. Got the gear so will go through that all tomorrow. Do you know why you have to let the air out of the shock?

Thanks Again.

It was actually like this before I trashed my crankset and was all reset then.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Do you know why you have to let the air out of the shock?
He's done it that way as he has the correct tool for setting the B-screw distance, plus with the air out it checks it when the chain is at full stretch. I normally just do it visually and don't let any air out of the shock. There's a few video's on setting it correctly.

Reactions: EME

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles