Gun Mounts

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Anyone else use their mountain bike for shooting?
I'm thinking of a rifle mount for the handlebars so I can shoot from the bike.
At the moment I use a shoulder strap which is cumbersome to be fast with but having a rifle on the bars causes alot of other issues.
If I can fashion up some sort of mount on the bars so I can flip over the rifle from my shoulder and aim it's going to be alot quicker than currently dismounting.

...any ideas?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
1699217302203.jpeg
1699217327244.jpeg

1699217428653.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I’ve successful mounted a pair of Bren guns to the bars on my Levo.
Sounds great ..did you have to increase the psi in your tyres & forks to compensate for the extra weight and how does the bike handle on the downhill gnarly stuff while chasing down your prey ?
Any chance you can share your design as I'm thinking Uzi for close up work ..
Thanks in advance ..

Coedwig

Aug 25, 2023
UK
Sounds great ..did you have to increase the psi in your tyres & forks to compensate for the extra weight and how does the bike handle on the downhill gnarly stuff while chasing down your prey ?
Thanks in advance ..
Thanks in advance ..
I’ve got the weight down to 45KG which is about the same as carrying an extra battery in my pack so hardly noticeable. I’d like to upgrade the Brens to a pair of carbon fibre Glocks but the Bren’s were on 50% at CRC and apparently they’re ones that Chuck Norris recommends for dog walker drive bys so it was a no brainer really.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Houder_MG42_9_002_2.jpg

This one is another known and tested option, but requires a rather steep downhill to be effective (unless you're after birds etc.)

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I fitted a military surplus Gau8 Gatling gun from an A10 to my Levo, what a blast!

Unfortunately, I found Newtons 3rd Law to be accurate, so I found after a prolonged burst I was going rather quickly backwards. Even the mighty Brose 2.2 struggled to offer up sufficient ‘opposite reaction’, so I took to stopping and reversing up to a sturdy tree before firing.

I aim to solve the problem at some point, hoping that Wiggle/CRC have something in the ongoing sale, possibly an ACME rocket surplus from road runner/wylie coyote cartoons. 🤞

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Traveling across the forest area by ebike is much quieter than in the Hilux.
I do get closer to the deer before I'm noticed so I have a couple of ideas I'll post pics of later...

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I've used an ebike for years for pest control.
But as I only hunt rabbits on open farmland with a lightweight .22 I find a shoulder sling works ok for me.
It's not perfect but the ability to get across fields quickly is great.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
I've used an ebike for years for pest control.
But as I only hunt rabbits on open farmland with a lightweight .22 I find a shoulder sling works ok for me.
It's not perfect but the ability to get across fields quickly is great.
Good one
I'm thinking drop the seat post ,rest rifle on some sort of handle bar mount then target pest quickly.
Deer here are a real problem, rabbits I just chase them along the fence lines and run them over.....

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Something like this could work.
You drop the seat, sit on the back tire while resting your chest on the seat. You then lift the gun out of the left hand mount, pivot the right hand mount and blast away.
EE4579A9-B06E-468A-A83C-047EA1528EF1.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Something like this could work.
You drop the seat, sit on the back tire while resting your chest on the seat. You then lift the gun out of the left hand mount, pivot the right hand mount and blast away.
View attachment 128468
..and all the while your intended target sits perfectly still waiting for you to line up your shot while you are fucking about trying to balance the bike ..😂😂.
Utter nonsense

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
No ..have you ?
It's surely obvious that the front wheel won't stay steady enough ..and that the bar height will have you shooting into the air ..could work I suppose if a wood pigeon sitting in a tree was all you were shooting at 😂

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
No ..have you ?
It's surely obvious that the front wheel won't stay steady enough ..and that the bar height will have you shooting into the air ..could work I suppose if a wood pigeon sitting in a tree was all you were shooting at 😂
I grabbed a rifle and sat on the bike as suggested and I felt it works fine. Line of site is fine once your sitting on the back tire.
I’m guessing you’re not a shooter.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I grabbed a rifle and sat on the bike as suggested and I felt it works fine. Line of site is fine once your sitting on the back tire.
Bullshit..you've already contradicted yourself by claiming that you sat on the back tyre with a wide stance ..the two don't work together you can only do one or the other ..unless of course your rear wheel is 2ft wide ..
You don't half talk some crap..amusing though ..😁

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
I too have sat on the rear tyre . It does work
I've tried various positions.
My bike does make a fairly good point to shoot from but I'm sure it can be improved.
The hardest targets are atchualy up in the trees as pointed up I just can't get low enough but if that's the case injust stand.
From a high vantage point shooting down towards the tree line is much easier.
Bit like a high chair angle really.
I'm going to experiment with a couple of ideas over the weekend

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Bullshit..you've already contradicted yourself by claiming that you sat on the back tyre with a wide stance ..the two don't work together you can only do one or the other ..unless of course your rear wheel is 2ft wide ..
You don't half talk some crap..amusing though ..😁
Haha dude, go to bed. Your drunk!

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Ha, amateurs! What you need is a pair of these bad-boys and then run the buggers over, delighting in the close-up visceral pleasure as those hardened steel spikes rip through their brains and organs, while fountains of crimson hot blood splatter you and your bike - uh, uh, I think I've just cum . .

Screenshot_20231108-123132.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles