Greetings from the Isle of Wight

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Hello everyone,

I have been riding bicycles for over 40 years, mostly road but the last few years have been mountain biking. I have recently sold my Giant Reign II 2016, and currently I'm riding a Momsen AL229 Racing hard tail. I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for many years and I am adjusting to the very different (wet) conditions here in the UK. I really miss my enduro Reign and have been looking for a suitable replacement. Since I am pushing on in years I thought that an e-Bike might be my best option. I have just ordered a 2019 Vitus e-Sommet VR from CRC. Cannot wait to get out there on the trails here in the IoW:)

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
So you exchanged Reign for rain? The IoW is a great area for mountain biking - I believe it has the highest density of bridleways in the UK, and a bit of terrain as well. I did a few MTB orienteering (Trailquest) events there over the years, before e-bikes. Enjoy the island.

Simon

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Thanks Simon,. there are plenty of trails here and i am looking forward to joining the Sunday Social and TAV Cycles rides to discover as many as possible. Not sure how they view e-bikes though.

Marty

Nov 26, 2018
Salisbury
Hello everyone,

I have been riding bicycles for over 40 years, mostly road but the last few years have been mountain biking. I have recently sold my Giant Reign II 2016, and currently I'm riding a Momsen AL229 Racing hard tail. I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for many years and I am adjusting to the very different (wet) conditions here in the UK. I really miss my enduro Reign and have been looking for a suitable replacement. Since I am pushing on in years I thought that an e-Bike might be my best option. I have just ordered a 2019 Vitus e-Sommet VR from CRC. Cannot wait to get out there on the trails here in the IoW:)[/QUOTE
When
Hello everyone,

I have been riding bicycles for over 40 years, mostly road but the last few years have been mountain biking. I have recently sold my Giant Reign II 2016, and currently I'm riding a Momsen AL229 Racing hard tail. I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for many years and I am adjusting to the very different (wet) conditions here in the UK. I really miss my enduro Reign and have been looking for a suitable replacement. Since I am pushing on in years I thought that an e-Bike might be my best option. I have just ordered a 2019 Vitus e-Sommet VR from CRC. Cannot wait to get out there on the trails here in the IoW:)
Hello everyone,

HI. I myself ride the IOW quite often. Certainly in the summer it’s stunning as im sure you willing agree. You will definitely love your Vitus when you get it. I hear there so a bit of a waiting list so hope your not waiting too long.
If you want any company on your first ride then I would be happy to join you as I’m usually available most days. I usually get the Lymington Yarmouth ferry and Southampton Cowes is just as easy for me. Just give me a shout if your up for it.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Hello Marty,

Great to hear from you and thanks for your kind offer. You are right about the Vitus, only small left in stock and no word from CRC or Wiggle when the next batch will arrive. I live in Seaview, so a bit of a trek over to Cowes / Yarmouth by bike, so I will have to find a way to transport the bike, when I have one. Let's stay in touch.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles