Greetings from Denmark

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
Hi all,

Turning 50 soon and with early stage osteoarthritis in one knee, I decided it was time to stop shredding on my beloved Whyte S-150 and jump on the e-mtb train. The turning point was a 2 hour ride on an e-fatbike this Sunday where not having to do any stand pedaling uphill (this is where I occasionally would feel pain in the knee) convinced me that e-mtb is the way forward for me.
So after a few nights with not much sleep and a lot of research and youtubing (Thanks @Rob Hancill) my short list came down to the Mondraker Chaser and the Trek Powerfly. This morning I went to my local Trek center to try out the Powerfly FS 7 (only one they had in stock for testing in my size) and fell in love immediately despite of the longer chain stay, but I guess that is the thing with current Bosch equipped bikes (?). However this one would not be available until mid June. The Powerfly LT 9.7 was available for delivery next week, so now I will soon be the happy owner of a Dnister Black carbon e-mtb :)

Next up is finding a replacement for my current Thule roof mounted bike rack. I am aware that I will have to take the battery out whenever the bike goes on the roof to get the weight down to an acceptable level.

And this or next winter, I will likely get an e-fatbike. Those things are fun on completely different level :)

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
Hi @plu29um, greetings from another Dane. Where in DK do you drive around?

Hi @EskilDK, the nearest trail is Hareskoven, Sjælland. Until I find a solution for bringing my bike by car, this and Rude Skov is where I will be doing most of my riding.

How about you, EskildDK? Where do you shred around?

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
Well, I only changed to e-mtb for medical reasons.

I strongly suggest that you give MTB-tours by Hareskoven a call. They have e-hardtails for rent, so that you can give it a test to see if this is the way to go for you.

Skrix

May 1, 2019
Denmark
Hey there @plu29um happy to read this post even dou i know you in real life :D
Just to add to the story I also got convinced to switch to e-mountain bike due to my knee injury

after 10+ years of riding downhill bikes, i am happy to be back in the woods.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles