Hello from Denmark

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Hi there,

my name is Henrik and I'm from Denmark.

I've been mountain biking for the last 30 years on many bikes.
We have many trails in Denmark, but we're quite flat....so it's mostly XC.
So if we want bigger mountains, we travel to other country's.
Current bike is SantaCruz Hightower and a Blur (wife is on the Blur)

Our favorite place place to go is in the northern Czech Republic - a wonderfull place called Nove Mesto Pod Smrkem.
Here are many flow trails - approx 85 km in total - very well maintained.
Several bike shops around the trail, and they have bikes for hire....also eBike's.

This year we have talked about hire a eBike 1 day, and then we could all 4 try it out.
So we did it 2 month ago.....and we all agreed is was excellent.
It was a Trek Powerfly 2019 with integrated battery.

I've been reading several tests and this site came up (fantastic youtube videos - thanks !)
Focus Jam2 came up as a good choice....and then there was a local sale this monday, and a Jam2 Plus was on sale in my size....so I grabbed it.
I took it to my local trail yesterday...and what a blast ...I was 1 big smile inside my helmet !
It's very technical (as many trails are here in Denmark since we don't have the height), and I was a little worried that the fork/brakes could not do it....but there was absolutely not any issues...it just took it all.

I've replaced the left assist contact with a 6000 version, dropper contact replaced, front tire is a Bontrager XR4 2.6, rear is NobbyNic 2.6, both tubeless, updated firmware, etc.

This site provides excellent information - thanks.

--

Other interests: been roadracing 30 years (just stopped last year), Formula1, drones, motorcycles.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Welcome or should I say velkommen ;)

Where are you located in Denmark? I’m from around Hjørring.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles