GoPro Hero 7 Black

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@thebarber Same here dude my macs out of date and my iPad
It’s a dear do this mtb’ing
All my footage I can’t edit going to try and drop it to 2.7k and see if that works or it’s a new computer for me too ?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
My computer is a tower that's only a few months old, decent specs, and I couldn't play back 4K24 from the Hero7. VLC kept freezing and Hitfilm Express didn't recognize it. It was a missing codec. Updating VLC Player solved the playback, but the h265 HVEC compression is a bit of a hazzle, and I wasn't very impressed with the img quality. Next time I'll use 2.7K.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I’m on my fourth attempt now of getting everything right , takes time ?and planning , hopefully my next attempt will be the one ??

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Thanks for input so far, I've many more q's on their way......
First one is, what's a good wind sock& any where in this country?
Ta

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
So is everyone still happy with their purchase - quality of footage, ease of use etc? Any freezing issues or bugs?
Had the battery drain when it was new. Would go to 0% in like 24hrs, without being used and wifi off. Manually installing firmwareupdate solved it. I think I prefer 2.7K to avoid "HVEC only". I'm quite happy with it and think stabilization is good enough.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
So is everyone still happy with their purchase - quality of footage, ease of use etc? Any freezing issues or bugs?
I've had 1 freeze. But to be honest 'The best camera I've owned'. It literally does everything I need. From action shots, to slow motion shots, to linear environmental shots , to under water shots, and the stabilization is spot on . To be honest I don't know if I would want it any more smooth. It's like 90% of a gimbal but still gives a very slight natural feel and not the magic carpet ride. I can literally take this camera with helmet mount and a tripod and create profffesional videos. What more can I ask for?.....well maybe one thing.....would be nice if the battery lasted twice as long as I think spare battery a are a must if planning on shooting for more than an hour ?

I won't link my videos again but if you look at my thread from a few days ago called something like 'well,this happened yesterday's there is 2 videos on there that apart from the drone shots are all from the GoPro 7.

If mine broke tomorrow I would have no option to go out and buy another one as nothing at moment compares....that's how good I think it is ?

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Good to know - I just bought one off one of the few ebayer sellers listing genuine UK stock with warranty. 10% off until 8pm with PUMPKINS code. They only had 2 left apparently but seem to have found a few more since.....Guess they list them in batches of 10. Anyway, ordered the same chin mount as Stumpy as well for 350 on the nose

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I preferred the look of the 16:9 footage. I thought the camera FOV was better as it looks more like actual trail riding, but on occasions you could see more compression artefacts in that setting.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
My only concern about going 4k over 2.7k is how much bigger are the actual files? Even at 2.7k after a days riding I have about 30gb of film to transfer into my hard drive and sort through. ?

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
is there a 2.7k 16:9 option
or even better 2.7k or even 1080 at 60fps.
60fps makes video seem so much more real.
Yes all them options are available. Can even have 2.7k at 120fps or 4k at 60FPS. But 120fps on 2.7k is only standard stabilization and is really for your slow motion stuff. But 4k and 60Fps still supports hypersmooth I just imagine the files are massive.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I think I’ll be sticking to 4K 30 and the flat settings that I put in the video.

Also, hardly any compression artefacts that I can see using Chrome to view at 4K quality.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I think I’ll be sticking to 4K 30 and the flat settings that I put in the video.

Also, hardly any compression artefacts that I can see using Chrome to view at 4K quality.
Your right, just bumped it up from youtube auto to 4k and as clear as day (Not the day we rode at cannock but a nice clear day) :)

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I don't know if anyone can help me but I have the hero 7 on chin and chest. But whenever on chest I do a mixture of sit down and stand up riding. More up for going down trails and leaning back for drops and jumps and sitting down for climbings. My issue is when I sit down it looks fine...but when I stand up it faces the camera down towards the bike and then it's basically a 80% of the screen is of my bike and you can't see very far into the distance. Any tips for this?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles