GoPro Hero 7 Black

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@Bongofish Hey up dude I run a chest mount and I’ve got a double hinged bracket on it.
I angel it just pointing up when I’m sat down on the saddle and when you stand up your spot on, to be honest when I sit down I’m still in attack position so it works great for me.
Best to fiddle around with it to see where’s right for you and then mark on the hinge two dots in tipex so when you move it you can move it as often as you like and all you have to do is line the dots up and your off. ??

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
@Bongofish best piece of advise is hang the camera upside down and don't have it flat to your chest. So slightly facing upwards for mainly standing up in the attack/ready position on descents. Just play around to get the correct position before you ride.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Did some filming with mine in 2.7 60fps 16:9 and as I suspected my work laptop won't play it. Away for a week now, wondering if my PC has a chance. It's far from high spec - 2.5ghz Intel core 2 duo, 4gb RAM, intel GMA 4500HD graphics card

I read the bit on the Gopro support site about 4k needing 8gb RAM and a better graphics card (although I know very little about this), anyone know if I have a chance with 2.7? Buying a new computer just to edit my unspectacular riding doesn't appeal much

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Did some filming with mine in 2.7 60fps 16:9 and as I suspected my work laptop won't play it. Away for a week now, wondering if my PC has a chance. It's far from high spec - 2.5ghz Intel core 2 duo, 4gb RAM, intel GMA 4500HD graphics card

I read the bit on the Gopro support site about 4k needing 8gb RAM and a better graphics card (although I know very little about this), anyone know if I have a chance with 2.7? Buying a new computer just to edit my unspectacular riding doesn't appeal much
is it a desktop or laptop. if a desktop depending on the motherboard you will be able to just add ram and a graphics card.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Tower desktop. Did think of that but just wondering if it might work as is. One way to find out I guess, just have to wait until next week

Last edited:

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Ok, so pretty happy with the quality of the last video apart from the sun coming through the trees. Looks like the gopro 7 having hard time dealing with it with my current settings. Any advise what should I adjust to deal with the sun better?

P.S You can also enjoy my wipe out off the day on the same video. Seems like I lost a bit concentration and my front wheel dug in a mud rat, my left hand slipped from the handlebars and down I went lol. No bruises or scratches and I believe if it wasn't for the bodyarmor and full face would of been a different story. Enjoy :ROFLMAO:
Recorded in 2.7k superview at 30fps and Max ISO at 800
Skip to 3.5 minutes

Last edited:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
So I went out on my first night ride of the year last night.
Anyone know the best settings on the hero 7 for capturing footage at night
I had it on 4K 30fps stabilisation on and the rest on auto. It’s seems a bit grainy when capturing footage.
Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
GoPro's never work best in low light especially at night for video at higher speeds . My hero 7 is also a tad grainy on a night ride. Keep your fps low e.g. 24 fps thus allowing more light in as poss. There's no magic settings that will remove the grain completely.

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
So I went out on my first night ride of the year last night.
Anyone know the best settings on the hero 7 for capturing footage at night
I had it on 4K 30fps stabilisation on and the rest on auto. It’s seems a bit grainy when capturing footage.
Any advice would be much appreciated thanks
There is a low light setting I noticed. Did you try that? Failing that, enable pro tools and increase the exposure a little. Not too much though as it will end up very blurry.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Cheers guys ??
The link is an excellent read and very informative that will get saved as a go to manual for the hero 7 nice one ??

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Thought I’d share , Here’s my first attempt at making a little video using the HERO 7. The footage was Leeds bike park , lady cannings and my local trails I’ve make .
I hope I’ve uploaded right seems to play ok on my phone. Got loads to learn on editing but really enjoyed it.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I finally got a chest mount sorted using the gp upside down and shot some great vids yesterday but one was upside down.
Any ideas why this happened and how not have it happen again, also how to correct the vid it happened To without loads of editing hassle?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@thebarber Usually on your editing software there’s a function to rotate your clip
I’m sure on the gopro it automatically flips your screen to be always the correct way up.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I don't wanna start editing other than getting this vid the right way up.
All the other vids came out good just don't understand why this one was different

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Prices have been changing daily. Got mine from Tecobuy for £293 with a £6 off voucher for subscribing to their newsletter.
Took 4 days to arrive
took some local POV footage on a short ride today.
spent the evening trying to work out how to edit it.

Sort of hate it already

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Prices have been changing daily. Got mine from Tecobuy for £293 with a £6 off voucher for subscribing to their newsletter.
Took 4 days to arrive
took some local POV footage on a short ride today.
spent the evening trying to work out how to edit it.

Sort of hate it already

Great price.

I have a love hate relationship with GoPro footage. I bin 90% of footage. I used to leave it all in but it’s boring to watch. Boring = bin.

As you get used to the software you get much much quicker at processing it.

Keep at it ?

Reactions: Dax

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks Rob. It's the software i'm struggling with TBF. (But like anything new, I knew it'd be a steep learning curve)
The footage I filmed today was just to get something to play with editing tonight. It was late afternoon by the time I headed out and it's been really wet/overcast here so I just filmed a short woodland XC loop from the door, it was quite dark in the woods and I don't have anything other than a stem mount sorted out but I'm surprised at how decent the footage has actually come out. A million miles from the awful shaky grainy raw footage I remember geting from a stem mounted Hero5.
Been messing about on the gopro software but don't really have a clue what i'm doing.
Had a look at devinci rsolve and that's just baffling. I'll hopefully get there though.
have sorted out an old TLD D2 with an under visor mount I might head somewhere a bit more rad with tomorrow (got a chin mount on the way from Ebay for it too)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I use Final Cut Pro on Mac so am not familiar with PC. But if I were to do PC editing or be starting out I’d likely use Adobe Premiere ?

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
I'm in exactly the same situation as you @Gary but Ive bought a Session 5 from a work mate for £80, I figure if I enjoy using it I'II upgrade to the H7 at a later date.

I've also downloaded DV Resolve, my current video workflow goes something like, open it up look at it with a blank expression then close it again but I'm sure I can improve on that!

Have you got a link to the chin mount?
I've got one of these...Is it the same you've got? Under Visor GoPro Style Mount for TLD, Fox, The Industries FF Helmets | eBay

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I just used the sticky flat mount that came with the camera under my visor but heated the sticky bit with a lighter. it's not going anywhere.

Ordered this chin mount
Motorcycle Helmet Front POV Shots Chin Mount Holder For GoPro Hero 6/5/4 Camera | eBay
Should be here today. but it's pissing down again here :'(

I've been watching Youtube tutorials on DV resolve. Nothing ever seems to go the way it's shown on screen. ie it took me about half an hour to locate my gopro clips on the desktop... urgggh! So far I've managed to get one clip into the media.. er... folder, bit... Will probably try again this evening.
this tutorial seems decent and a bit easier to follow than some other I watched.

I spent most of last night struggling/making a shit viedo with Gopro's "quik" desktop app... then googled to find out why it wasn't doing what I wanted (simple stuff like choosing multile clips) only to read a review saying it's a clunky piece of shit and the phone app is nice and easy to use. I then opened up the phone app and YES. it's intutive and a piece of piss to use. FFS! WHY Gopro? I just bought a new laptop. I don't want to use my phone!
I think I'm going to have to buy a mouse too my finger hates sliding on touchpads (or whatever they're called)

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I just used the sticky flat mount that came with the camera under my visor but heated the sticky bit with a lighter. it's not going anywhere.

Ordered this chin mount
Motorcycle Helmet Front POV Shots Chin Mount Holder For GoPro Hero 6/5/4 Camera | eBay
Should be here today. but it's pissing down again here :'(

I've been watching Youtube tutorials on DV resolve. Nothing ever seems to go the way it's shown on screen. ie it took me about half an hour to locate my gopro clips on the desktop... urgggh! So far I've managed to get one clip into the media.. er... folder, bit... Will probably try again this evening.
this tutorial seems decent and a bit easier to follow than some other I watched.

I spent most of last night struggling/making a shit viedo with Gopro's "quik" desktop app... then googled to find out why it wasn't doing what I wanted (simple stuff like choosing multile clips) only to read a review saying it's a clunky piece of shit and the phone app is nice and easy to use. I then opened up the phone app and YES. it's intutive and a piece of piss to use. FFS! WHY Gopro? I just bought a new laptop. I don't want to use my phone!
I think I'm going to have to buy a mouse too my finger hates sliding on touchpads (or whatever they're called)

Haha, i have the same experience. Really want an easy program for my computer that works similar to Quik on ios. Do not want to spend a lot of time editing and find it excellent that it automatically syncs the clips to the music.

Have searched for a year but not found any yet. Using Quik in Ipad or Iphone instead.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not really a fan of Gopros DJ TBH... But yeah, something quick, intutive and easy would make a lot of sense for me too.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Something that'd allow me to upload maybe 10x 5 min clips, chop each one into shorter clips showing the best bits, stick it all together, Add the music of my choice/overlay any speech audio and a few titles/effects, sort the colour out and upload.
I'm sure DV Resolve does all of that. I've just no idea how. :unsure:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I’ll say it again guys seriously try filmora
Trust me within an hour of using it youll have sust the basics out.
I tried dv resolve and it bust my head
Information over load??
It’s free to try what you got to lose ?
Good luck ??

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
I dunno, the more I look through the mtb channels I sub the more I see that they aren’t over complicated, good content is the winner I reckon (think I will struggle there as well ?).

@Krisj @Gary white gloves and the whistle possie ? ah they were the days ??

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I dunno, the more I look through the mtb channels I sub the more I see that they aren’t over complicated, good content is the winner I reckon (think I will struggle there as well ?).

@Krisj @Gary white gloves and the whistle possie ? ah they were the days ??
Haha Hardcore you know the score ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles