Going from a "full" power E-bike to a "light" one. Tell me your experince .

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
So I´m used to analog and e-bikes and looking for test ride this Rise (or similar),.Due to the lack off stock it´s not easy, nevertless maybe next week I´ll have one bike L size (maybe a tad to large for me).
So would be helpeful to read experinces, if any, from riders with experience in riding both type.
Tks

Gismo6303

Sep 4, 2021
France
Hi, I was an analog rider k Lapierre zesty 514) and ebike rider ( haibike fullseven lt 7.0) before. I have keep my Lapierre when I've buy the haibike. Full fat e bike is more like au moto ( I'm enduro moto rider too). It's heavy, very stable, not agile, not playfull. It's more you can climb and pass everywhere. So I've keep riding my Lapierre for his playfulness, agility, and much lower weight (11kg VS 25kg for the ebike).

I've always wanted a light ebike, so I've buy the rise. It's a fantastic bike, I've the agility and playfulness of the Lapierre. The confort of the haibike (stability, 29" which absorb shock greater). In eco you don't notice the motor, but you feel like you are in your best shape. In trail I can do the same of the haibike in emtb ( bosh gen 4). In boost I can climb everywhere. The agility of the bike allowed me to pass on single whe I can't with the haibike and the Lapierre ( too much weight, too much brutal power for one, need a little motor help for the other).

So I'll never Come back to a full fat e bike or an analog one.

PS : I've ride the rise with no assistance many time and with friend who have analog bike, I've no difficulty to follow them. Just a bit more effort than the Lapierre due to the weight, but the 29" and fox do great work to absorb land irregularity and don't lose your momentum

The only pb is having too many pedal strike. Perhaps because I take more technical trail than before. I search for 155mm cranks, with sag to 20% instead of 30% will do the job I think

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I had a go on a rise today. My normal bike is a wild fs.

The rise was pretty impressive, obviously not as much power as a full fat bike, but really very good. It was a lot better than the levo sl i tried earlier in the year, which I thought was terrible/pointless.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I loved my Levo (as I loved my off-road motorcycles), but I enjoy my Levo SL even more. The SL is lighter and more agile and rides more like a regular bike. You just have to anticipate and shift down more often (imagine that o_O). The 250+W boost is plenty - it puts you about at pro rider power as intended. Factor in that I also love my unmotorized Stumpjumper just as much, even more when pointed down :). If you prefer more of a Moto-like experience, go with a full-size ebike. They're both a hoot.

Flatsix66

Oct 29, 2021
South Main Divide
Went from a 700w Levo to a Rise, very happy with the trade. I find the Rise much more engaging like an analog bicycle, meaning pedaling effort and cadence produce an intoxicating but natural feeling performance reward, whereas the Levo was more artificial assist. Oddly, despite the massive battery capacity difference on paper I really haven't found the capacity to be an issue on multi-hour hilly rides.

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
Some may say the rise is a compromise between analog and FF ebike. Problem with compromises is that it can mean doing everything "partly". In the case of the Rise, it excels nearly everywhere, having the benefits of an analog bike + benefits of an e-bike (I own a Levo FF, a stumpy and a Rise but nearly only ride the rise now)

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I like my full fat and my ezesty. Don’t see a reason to prefer one over the other. They’re both fun. Only takes me a few minutes to get used to the difference. On our local 13km cross country loop the difference is 3-5 minutes.

Gordon

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
went from a full Levo to a Orbea Rise. I wanted a lighter bike that felt more like a normal bike not a bike with a motor. The orbea is that it is light handles like a normal bike not a tractor, and most times the power is soo seamless you do not even notice it at all but it still gets me up the hills I would have trouble with without a motor. However with the Levo I would not even break a sweat with the orbea I am huffing and puffing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles