Going Commando .. (Body armour Question)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Sounds like you need a "box"......as worn by cricketers......or boxers (them that box...not underpants. Boxes are usually worn with jock strap. Cant testify (no pun intended) how practical they would be riding a bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So I see you’ve finally figured out where it’s supposed to go. Wearing it on your face all these years as a chin protector did look pretty awesome...
To be fair, its pretty much how they used em in the 70's

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 22.28.09.png

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Sounds like you need a "box"......as worn by cricketers......or boxers (them that box...not underpants. Boxes are usually worn with jock strap. Cant testify (no pun intended) how practical they would be riding a bike.
If u got the balls but could result in a slight flash of sharp pain. o_O

ae4b5c45cf64ef6a9ac4ba05224a1c925440a5ce.jpg

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I ended up with Leatt airfit 3df and just tested commando style since the weather is getting pretty warm here. I am glad to report my nipple is fine.

Regarding the Armour, I bought both the lite version and the regular version with plan to return one I don’t want. The regular version is just slightly thicker and stiffer but the padding material is totally different. It contains of thin multi layer (about 5) while the lite version contains 2 layers of much thicker material. I end up keeping the regular one as the protection is level 2 compared to level 1.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have the Leatt airfit and can attest to the protection it provides havjng recently taken a tumble on a rock garden. My helmet was a write off. I got off light with a bruised thigh...a rock found a gap between the hip and thigh pads of my Leatt armour shorts, and a bruised foot (despite my 5-10s). No torso injuries except...and here is my point re "commando" I did get my skin rubbed off on my shoulder and arm ...and that despite having a shlrt sleeved Under Armour compression vest under the armour.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I use the Leatt 3DF, I used to wear it every ride and then progressively wore it less and less. Now just for Bike Parks. I have a Nike Combat top when I do as I can't stand the chaffing..!!

Just kneepads, Glasses, Helmet and Gloves. I am trying to reduce the crap in my hip pack as well..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles