Levo Gen 2 Glad I bought last week!

08mojo

Jan 26, 2021
GA, USA
Hi all! Picked up a turbo levo comp last week. Only have two rides, and I regret not getting one sooner. That said, really glad I pulled the trigger last week. Have you noticed the huge price increases?!? Levo Comp increased by $1,200!!!

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Hi all! Picked up a turbo levo comp last week. Only have two rides, and I regret not getting one sooner. That said, really glad I pulled the trigger last week. Have you noticed the huge price increases?!? Levo Comp increased by $1,200!!!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

'21 Turbo Levo (base) was marked up by $500 ($5000, to $5500)
'21 Turbo Levo Comp was marked up by $1200 ($6300, to $7500)
'21 Turbo Levo Expert was marked up by $1600 ($8900, to $10500)

'21 Turbo Levo SL Comp was marked up by $500 ($6500, to $7000)
'21 Turbo Levo SL Comp Carbon was marked up by $500 ($7500 to $8000)

These are just the old prices I remember. Does anybody else shopping at other price points remember what it was before the February mark-up?

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
I was waiting for the kenevo to become available. Instead I was greeted by the huge price increase. Guess i won't be getting a specialized.
Screenshot_20210201-190350.png

08mojo

Jan 26, 2021
GA, USA
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Thank you!

Admittedly, I was very reluctant to join the ebike club. However, the local trails here have a lot of climbs. My first ride was roughly 15 miles with 4k feet of climbing. I came home with 40% battery left. This thing is addicting. That ride was not possible after work, but now it is. Can't wait for a big weekend ride!

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Sounds like rubbish. How can Canyon launch their 180mm bike with fox factory for £5800 or £6200 with 2 batteries.

The Zeb model is only £4500. Thats a serious bike for the money. Stock is due next month.

Specialized looks more like greed than anything else at this point.

1) Why do you assume that Canyon and Specialized have the same supply chains, and Specialized isn't simply a victim of its particular supply chain? There's loads of articles (including the one in the post above your post) describing the problems in the industry.

2) Why do you assume that LAUNCH = ACTUAL AVAILABILITY for Average Joes? I mean, Spectral: ONs were on my list of candidates near the end of last year when I finally convinced my significant other that eMTB was going to work for her, but there were none available to buy in any relevant sizes for the foreseeable future. What good does that do me? What makes you think that "stock is due" necessarily means on-time delivery in the face of so many delays, cancellations, and even retroactive price increases(!) that other people are experiencing and attesting-to in these forums? What use is a cheap bike if delivery ends up being months (or even in excess of a year) delayed? Or the year's production run is sold-out mostly to industry insiders within a day?

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Anyone remember how much the Kenevo Expert was previously? I saw the Levo Comp with the 700 wHr battery go from $4800 > $6500 about a month ago. Some crazy price increases, but if they sell as fast as they can make them, that is the market price.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Anyone remember how much the Kenevo Expert was previously? I saw the Levo Comp with the 700 wHr battery go from $4800 > $6500 about a month ago. Some crazy price increases, but if they sell as fast as they can make them, that is the market price.

WTF are you talking about, esp. from the perspective of the US market (which your Encinitas, CA location suggests)? We bought '21 Levo Comps in mid-December for $6300 each. Pricing for the MY2021 was documented in the review below as of August 2020. And the MY2020 was $5975. Are you confusing the pricing for the base Turbo Levo?

"The Turbo Levo Comp returns for the 2021 model year with three new color options, a few component tweaks, and a slight increase in price to $6,250. The new version comes with a Fox Float 36 Rhythm fork and a Fox Float DPS Performance shock. Other notable changes are a Shimano SLX 12-speed drivetrain and 4-piston SLX brakes, upgrades that we feel are worth the bump in price. August 2020"

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Boom! SL frame frame $6500 ^^^ $8000. Only up 2k from last year. I guess this sways my decision to purchase a Rise a bit easier.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Because if it launches in 4 weeks time the bikes are already on the water now.

LOL. Let me introduce you to the Orbea Rise. Or the Marin Alpine Trail E2/E1. Both launched 4 and 2 months ago, respectively. Both seriously considered by me shopping in mid-December. Both written-off then for lack of availability, both still non-existent on our local trails to this very day. Not a single one... in Marin County, where I do at-least 1/3 of my riding. Where, as I mentioned in another thread, most e-MTBs here are Turbo Levos, followed by Santa Cruzes.

It would also be pretty useless launching a new bike in the media if you dont have any stock due in.

It's interesting that your conception of business seems to be limited to "having" vs. "not-having" stock to sell with seemingly no consideration of how much stock they have to sell.

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Are the prices on Levo Comp's really going up again? FFS, mine on order sing Sept last year, 3 times told a delay. Getting pissed off now with Specialized.

My LBS says it is getting some Cube's in, might have to take a look.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
My Levo SL Comp was $6500 almost a year ago, now it is $7000. Turbo Como went from $2899 to $3250. I don't consider that to be price gouging.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Also the supply chain you talk about is no different than anyone elses as its all made in china from the shocks to the frame to the motors and battery.

Specialized's bikes and many parts are made in Taiwan, not China. Either way I've had no problem ordering other non-bike stuff from both places. I just received new custom forged wheels for my car 2 weeks ahead of schedule...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Both of those companies are not serious players in the ebike market. Heck both of those players are not major players in normal bike market any more.

I could be wrong but canyon up to now seems pretty solid on its bike stock and lead times.

Also don't confuse stock coming in versus stock that's not coming in because the bike shop puts an order in without knowing how many there really is. The difference with direct to market is you don't have some retailer placing an order along with 100 others. Buying from canyon is no different than ordering on amazon prime. It's either in the warehouse or its not.
Orbea re a major player in the bike market, big company with huge range of bikes - Marin is definitely more Niche though, but there new EMTB is a hell of a bike, totally sold out here in the UK for the next year

grimmprincess

Feb 2, 2021
AU
This is ridiculous....I was in the market for the comp, but not anymore....need to start looking at other brands I guess.
Yep, was seriously jonsing for a Specialized before finally deciding on a Focus. Wouldn't even consider a Specialized now just on damn principle, they already commanded a serious brand only premium. The Apple of MTB's

sanyata

Oct 31, 2020
USA
I have a good friend that has worked at Specialized headquarters for 15 years. Last night I talked to him about the cost increase. He said one of the main drivers for the increase was shipment cost. There is currently a shortage of shipment containers that has impacted industries across the board. In the past, the containers were dropped off at their warehouse, staged, unloaded and then picked up for return a days later. Now they must meet the containers at the shipping yards and unload them upon arrival without delay. They literally have hours to do this as the empty containers are immediately loaded back on the ships for return. The demand is so high that sending empty containers back makes sense albeit driving up cost. So the receiving logistics have dramatically changed and driven up cost significantly. There are other cost drivers that have increased as well but this is the one we discussed at length. Hope this offers a little more insight.

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
Wow....that’s some price hike ....you did very well mate ?

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Have to make a decision now whether to buy the Levo Comp for 6999e even though I ordered for 6400e. LBS was on to me today and bottom line from them is that it is 6999e

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I did say that but I got the following reply:

Hi Robert,
Yea, we were hit with price increases across the board for all our bikes a few months back, an increased demand on raw materials to build the bikes and increased shipping cost from the production facilities have lead to the increases. The company has taken a hit to absorb as much of the cost as possible, but it could not absorb all of the increases and this has lead to the prices rises.
can understand your disappointment. I can confirm the price of the Levo Comp from ourselves is €6999.

Regards,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles