Giant Trance XE +3 not turning on

19dahs75

Feb 7, 2024
Farnham
Purchased bike in December and managed 1 ride. Went to use again and bike wouldn't turn on (you press the on/off on frame and leds flash on and off).
Got home and took bike out of van and bike turned on so thought must be a gremlin. Next ride out and same thing again!
Bike put into local Giant store and handlebar switch replaced and all tested okay. Fast forward a few weeks and drive 30 miles, bike out of van and no joy - it gets worse....get home and bike turns on.
Anyway thought I'd ask if anyone else had come across the same issue before I call the Giant store again in the morning.
Thanks

paullin523

Feb 7, 2024
Indianapolis
I had a problem with my Trance motor shutting off in the middle of a ride after I had around 600 miles on it.
I turned the bike back on and was able to ride for a while then it shut off once again. This happened 4
times that day. When I got home, I removed the battery and noticed slight oxidation on one of the battery
terminals. I sprayed electrical cleaner on the terminals and then scrubbed the terminals clean. Dust was able to invade that area. I then used computer air cleaner spray on both the battery and the electrical terminals. Additionally I updated the firmware as well.

I have never had that problem again. I have 1,000+ miles on the Trance and having a great time riding that bike!

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Yep, I had the Problem with the bike not turining on just the other day.
I've stored the battery inside the house, and after I put it into the bike this didn't want to turn on.
Removed the battery, pressed the battery button on the battery, and put it back on the bike.
This worked. But I must say I've had this a couple of times over the course of the years.

I second the statement of @paullin523 about the electrical terminals. I'm using a nautic spray to protect the connectors in the battery and on the bike.

19dahs75

Feb 7, 2024
Farnham
Thanks for the replies - I'll have a look at bike this morning and check the battery connectors, etc before dropping to store. It's odd because very random - bike lives in my outdoor office (heated) and 5/10 times it will turn on - bike hasn't moved in any way.
Frustrating when you just want to get out and ride!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles