Giant Trance E+ Pro 29 3 now or 2021 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM?

Buy the Giant or wait for the Cube?

• Total voters

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
Hi everyone

Newbie here :) I've spent a lot of time on the forum over the last couple of weeks doing some research. It's been really helpful.

I've been in trail riding for a few years and go regularly with friends. I recently decided to upgrade from analogue to digital as I always really struggle with the climbs, but love the decent :)

Although eMTBs seem pretty rare at the moment I happened to come across an ex-demo Giant Trance X E+ Pro 29 3 in my size in my local Giant dealer. It's only covered around 40 miles and from the pictures looks in pretty good condition. They'll obviously check it all over if I buy it. Price is £4199 (RRP is £4699). I hate paying full price for anything and as there's hardly any ex-demo eMTBs around at the moment this made me excited. I've put a refundable deposit down to reserve it and I'll take a look over the weekend.

However, I'm guilty of overthinking things and now I'm starting to question my decision. The Cube Stereo 140 is in a similar price range and on paper looks like better spec. I could go for the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 SL for £4299 or the TM for £4899. A different LBS says they'll get the Cube 140 and 160 in June, but I don't think I need the 160 - I don't due big jumps/drops, mainly trails in my local woods with smaller jumps and trials in Wales.

So this is my dilemma and I need to decide in the next few days to go for the Giant or get my deposit refunded or go for the Cube?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Maestro linkage is way better than Cube and I doubt the next model is going to be a huge improve. Cube are very conservative emtbs, if you are touring most of the time is ok but if you want to push go for the Giant.

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
Just to close this off I ordered the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM today and can't wait. Really love the look of the bike and the spec was better than the Giant for only a little bit more money.

Now just a 4 week wait (fingers crossed) until I can pick it up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles