Giant Trance E+2 Pro 2020 - RideControl settings

Dave S

Sep 22, 2020
Manchester, UK
Question for Giant Trance E+2 Pro 2020 riders, out of interest what do you have your assistance modes set at if you use the RideControl app ?

I'm asking because I've had the bike a couple of months and decided to install the app on my phone yesterday and had to do 2 updates (3-2 and 3-3)

After doing health check scan on my bike (all ok), I had a quick look at tuning settings and thought I might reduce assistance in the 2 low modes to save battery since I'm in Eco mode 90% of the time and occasionally use Basic mode on routes I'm riding at the moment

Then I changed my mind and thought I'd just reset assistance levels to Factory settings which seemed to be maximum in each mode

When I tried the bike, Eco mode definitely seemed like more assistance than normal which I don't want so I reduced that from 100% to 75% and that feels about right again

At the moment, I've got it set at Eco=75% and Basic=150% (but might reduce that) and have the rest set at Factory settings but would be interested to know what others are using

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles