Getto Torque Wrench

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
And RF Loose!
Thanks for the RFT translation, worked out RFL for myself given that but thanks anyway. At first I though RFL could be Rich Feoples Tools but RFl threw me. For RFT stuff I like to use a medium size bar and keep the really long breaker bar for loosening.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks for the RFT translation, worked out RFL for myself given that but thanks anyway. At first I though RFL could be Rich Feoples Tools but RFl threw me. For RFT stuff I like to use a medium size bar and keep the really long breaker bar for loosening.
Whilst I accept RFT as a well established acronym, I had never heard it before. I will embrace it though. :)
I very much doubt that my made up on the spot acronym of RFL will ever become equally accepted! :giggle:

Slideways

Dec 24, 2018
SoCal
I broke down and bought the FIRSTINFO torque driver. If it’s accurate 0.2Nm is not quite barely finger tight as speculated in a previous reply to this thread but it’s also not much.The tool itself looks good, feels like a reasonably good quality piece when turning the bits to adjust it, is well finished and the markings are easy to read. I’ve ridden the bike several times since replacing the belt without issue but of course this only tells me I didn’t really screw up. The true test is if the belt lasts another 6000mi like the original did.
FIRSTINFO Ultra Precision Certified Torque Limiting Screwdriver, 1/4 Inch Universal Hex Bit Holder, 5-60 cNm (0.05-0.6 Nm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073B1FG9K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Zv76DbYPW0R5R

Slideways

Dec 24, 2018
SoCal
Reporting back on the torque wrench. First I’d like to announce that I figured out how to spell ghetto! I was very curious as to how accurate the ghetto wrench was to the real torque wrench. After comparing several ways the ghetto vs real results were so close that I’d personally trust the homemade approach without worry. To compare a small mark was made on the grub screw. This allowed me to see the little screw’s position once the specified torque was reached. After several tries using both methods the screw stopped after reaching the desired torque with an eighth of a turn being the variance. There you have it my less than scientific experiment that has convinced me that the ghetto approach will work in this application and save the cost of a torque wrench.

Dave 80

Oct 17, 2019
UK
How about something like this ?

Also, how do I make a small .2 torque bar system. for a .2 ?

I need a sketch and super slow thinking physics for my self to understand.

;-)

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
For things like this I prefer a beam-type torque wrench. Although not as accurate as some $$$ types they never lose accuracy over time (as long as they are not abused). For a low-torque model we can use various sizes of piano/music wire and calibrate with a plastic bag full of water.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles