Gen 4 wheel size

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Picking up a gen4 Bosch orbea. Comes with 29” wheels and I want to fit my 27.5 hopes to it. ive read if I upgrade to the kiox display I can set my wheel size, is this correct or do I need to get the dealer to do it ?

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
as far as i'm aware the wheel diameter is hard coded into the motor by bosch, dealer software cant change it outside of the preset range that is available on the display settings.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I’ll answer this in case anyone is interested, pocked new bike up and dealer altered the wheel circumference from standard 29“ to 27.5” so I can swap my wheels. Yup they only have fixed figures to play with so no dropping it anymore to get extra speed !

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I adjusted mine on my Kiox they other day. In settings is an option for wheel size, however you can only adjust the wheel size 5% up or down. After accurately measuring the diameter of my wheel by measuring the distance travelled after 5 rotations, I set the value in my Kiox. I then measured my speed using GPS and it was showing 22kph on the bike and 20 on the GPS. I eventually adjusted the diameter to the limit of the range and got the speed to 1 kph difference, but still showing too fast.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm guessing mine is over-reading too; The trip meter said 17 miles and Strava said 16 today.

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
I adjusted mine on my Kiox they other day. In settings is an option for wheel size, however you can only adjust the wheel size 5% up or down. After accurately measuring the diameter of my wheel by measuring the distance travelled after 5 rotations, I set the value in my Kiox. I then measured my speed using GPS and it was showing 22kph on the bike and 20 on the GPS. I eventually adjusted the diameter to the limit of the range and got the speed to 1 kph difference, but still showing too fast.
Hy,

did you correct it to the lower limit.( smaller wheelsize )?

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
Yes, to the limit and yes smaller.

My bike shop did the same.
Speed should be correct and distance to.
Top speed no difference.
I think speed is limited from the amount of puls from the speed sensor.
The wheelsize only a correction of the speedometer.
I had hoped a little bit more speed.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The speedo will read the same, but it will be closer to actual speed so you should be going faster.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles