Levo Gen 2 Garmin + Levo users, what data can you record?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I've been waffling about a Garmin 530/830 ever since they came out. My main interests are navigating new (to me) trails and recording ride data. If I go through all the steps to connect a Garmin to my Levo TCU, what bike data will the Garmin *record*.

Sometimes I wear my old Garmin Forerunner 225 watch on rides, which records my route (better than my smartphone), elevation, speed, and heart rate.

With the bike computer, I'd like to record rider power, motor power, assistance mode, bike speed from the wheel, and cadence.

BLEvo is awesome, but many times (such as today), my smartphone screws up even though I have the screen locked. Today I came home from my ride with the flashlight on, the screen set to full dim, WiFi connected (it was not connected at the start of my ride), and no BLEvo ride record. This is with the phone in a zippered bike shorts pocket and the screen locked. It's a Samsung Galaxy s10e FWIW.

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
With the bike computer, I'd like to record rider power, motor power, assistance mode, bike speed from the wheel, and cadence.
You can record all this (and much more) except motor power.

Last edited:

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I use a Garmin Edge 1030. Even my old Edge 800 will record the same data. The Levo will provide ANT+ data for Power (rider only), Speed and Cadence. Use the Garmin to search for "Spd/Cad" sensor so that both speed and cadence will be recorded. Search for "Power" to get the rider power data. If you use a ANT+ heart rate strap you will also get this data.

I have not tried any 3rd party Garmin apps in my Edge1030 to see if any other data fields are available. I also use my smartphone with BLevo to get all the Bluetooth data from my Levo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles