Rider power data into Garmin

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Hi there

This one is infuriating me! I cannot get rider power from my Levo (TCU 3.026) to show on my Garmin 1030.

When I pair the bike to my garmin, I see the bike sensor '57138', which I can pair. This then allows speed, cadence and 'power'. However the power that is reported is battery power not 'rider power'. The same happens if I try to add a powermeter sensor as shown below (same sensor ID as the bike).

The fake channel in Mission Control doesn't not seem to help, although I'm unsure exactly if that is supposed to!

Is this a Specialized or Garmin problem? I managed to get it working on a demo bike I had about a year ago, but suspect the firmware changes have made this a challenge on the new bikes?

I can get the data I want through BLevo, but I cannot stand not being able to resolve this on Garmin!

Any ideas or help appreciated

In an ideal world I would want rider power and motor power in two separate channels sampled every second so I could analyse segments of the ride for ratio of rider power to motor power. This may be a way off yet.

Many thanks

S4gKK0uyQNayImGfKpsi2Q.jpg

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Hi, back here to answer my own question with a little help from Jan at Ebike Field

I had the fake channel in Mission control set to report rider power, which is incorrect, as that setting allows Garmin to pick up ‘battery power’ in the ‘power’ (really ‘rider power’) field.

However, you still need to add the power sensor separately from the ebike sensor. Curiously, this step is not necessary for cadence to appear on the Garmin. That either comes from the bike or the power meter sensor channel, not sure which.

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
No I didn’t have to do that, not sure if it comes with the bike sensor channel or the power sensor channel, but it’s there on my Garmin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles