GARMIN EDGE 520 /530 : what rider/bike information ?

bronces

Sep 11, 2019
France
Hi,

I am looking for a computer, leaning toward the Garmin 520 or 530.

1°) Does it work’s with the new 2020 Turbo Levo ?

2°) Its not clear for me, if some information such as cadence, exact battery percentage
Speed distance… and other present in Mission Control, came directly.

So - If someone know what rider/bike information are given by Edge, I would appreciate it.

Thank's

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi,

I am looking for a computer, leaning toward the Garmin 520 or 530.

1°) Does it work’s with the new 2020 Turbo Levo ?

2°) Its not clear for me, if some information such as cadence, exact battery percentage
Speed distance… and other present in Mission Control, came directly.

So - If someone know what rider/bike information are given by Edge, I would appreciate it.

Thank's

Have you considered to use BLEvo? If interested see my post in BLEvo thread of today with screenshots.

bronces

Sep 11, 2019
France
Yes of course. BLEvo is great, but I would prefer only one display in the cockpit, and not my phone.

ajpitkala

Jun 6, 2018
Kuopio
1) With 2019 Levo Edge 530 works fine

2) It shows ”normal” edge info speed, distance, pedal power, candade etc. With e-bike field (IQ data field) it shows assitant mode and battery status.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
You‘ll get rider-power, speed and cadence from your Levo as „normal“ ANT+ sensors.
If your Levo is speed-manipulated you‘ll need a Garmin hub-speed-sensor extra to get correct speed.
Levo‘s battery- and mode-state you‘ll get via IQ-datafield by Jan Capek:
Ebike Field

I use an Edge 1030 and all works flawlessly.

Rick

Aug 10, 2018
Italy
Further to the above discussion, does anyone know if the Apple watch can transmit HR data to the Edge 520/530?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You‘ll get rider-power, speed and cadence from your Levo as „normal“ ANT+ sensors.
If your Levo is speed-manipulated you‘ll need a Garmin hub-speed-sensor extra to get correct speed.
Levo‘s battery- and mode-state you‘ll get via IQ-datafield by Jan Capek:
Ebike Field

I use an Edge 1030 and all works flawlessly.
I think bold one is not correct - no extra hub-speed-sensor is needed. In Garmin devices you can use Levo speed sensor (which will only transmit wheel pulses) and define your own wheel circumference in Garmin so the correct speed is displayed. I have it like this with my Garmin F6X watch and I think with Edge 530/830 it should be the same/similar. Anyone can confirm?

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
I think bold one is not correct - no extra hub-speed-sensor is needed.
Yes, you‘re right. Just did a test with Levo 2019 and Edge 1030. Setting of wheelcircumference in sensor-info does influence the speed displayed!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles