Levo Gen 3 Galfer purple pads E-BIKES G1652

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
Hi, ive tried using these to replace my SRAM OEM ones, the SRAM go in as you would expect ,but the bolt won't seat in the last pad hole to tighten on the Galfers, am I missing something?, they are the I believe, the correct pads, put the original back in no problems at all

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I had similar issues with a set on my rear Guide RE caliper

If I did manage to get them in they were super tight and didnt allow the wheel to rotate

A different brand of pads went in perfectly fine

I need to replace the rears again at the weekend so will be trying another set of Galfer pads I have

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
You probably purchased the wrong pads, I would guess. If you have Guide RE or Code R brakes, maybe you accidentally ordered the Guide R version? They look similar, but aren't compatible.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I 100% know I purchased the correct ones

They went in the front caliper just fine, I did have to sand the pad down a little to stop them rubbing

They do look a little thicker than the standard SRAM ones to my eyes

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway

They went in the front caliper just fine, I did have to sand the pad down a little to stop them rubbing

Which SRAM brakes do you have?
The one you bought is for Level so if you got Code you got the wrong one

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany

I recently installed these exact pads on my Guide RE caliper and had to be extra careful to push the pistons fully back. Works great for me (on used SRAM Centerline rotors at currently ~1.7 mm thickness).

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
Ok, so I have Code RS and I got these, so not sure now

IMG_7479.jpeg IMG_7478.jpeg

Dhd12

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2023
Almería (Provincia)

You should not sand down the pads. Push the pistons back into the caliper. If you are unsure what to do, which it sounds like visit your LBS. Brakes are important

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
You should not sand down the pads. Push the pistons back into the caliper. If you are unsure what to do, which it sounds like visit your LBS. Brakes are important
I know exactly what to do, the pistons were fully pushed back into the calipers, like I do every time I fit new pads

These pads were just thicker than the usual ones, maybe down to a manufacturing defect, and they are currently working just fine in the front caliper

Dhd12

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2023
Almería (Provincia)
I know exactly what to do, the pistons were fully pushed back into the calipers, like I do every time I fit new pads

These pads were just thicker than the usual ones, maybe down to a manufacturing defect, and they are currently working just fine in the front caliper
Sorry for being presumptous . Never had a brake pad on a bike/motorcycle/car that didn't fit in in over fifty five years of maintenance. Did you measure it before you sanded it down?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I didn't to be honest,

I am changing the rears this weekend with a fresh set of Galfers so will see if I have issues and measure them if so

Need fresh brakes for Dyfi

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I find that I need to bleed the lever to make more room to fit them. don't know if its the right things to do, but it seems to work for me

I undo the bleed port at the lever and let a few drops leak out and then tighten back up... seems to work

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
So just an update, replaced caliper , got for an amazing price, bled twice, wasn’t happy with the first and pads fit a treat, we are all different but I much prefer XTR brakes from Shimano than the SRAM codes, I prefer a really firm initial bite with not too much lever travel, SRAMs are too well modulated for me , thanks for all the replies 👍

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
So just an update, replaced caliper , got for an amazing price, bled twice, wasn’t happy with the first and pads fit a treat, we are all different but I much prefer XTR brakes from Shimano than the SRAM codes, I prefer a really firm initial bite with not too much lever travel, SRAMs are too well modulated for me , thanks for all the replies 👍
SRAM Maven eats Shimano for lunch

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles