FULL PROJECT PREVIEW: the PAPERBOY® Light Hybrid eBike with Gaming Roots

steve.wilcox

Mar 24, 2021
UK
I’m Steve Wilcox.

I’m a co-founder of Elite Systems Ltd (est. 1984), the UK’s oldest continually operating developer and publisher of computer and video games.

I’m also a co-creator of the PAPERBOY®, a light hybrid eBike we’ll be launching soon via a campaign on Indiegogo.

We’re posting here because:

- we’d like you to know our campaign’s going live shortly and to invite your feedback before it does.

We’re also posting to invite you to:

- enjoy a Preview of the Indiegogo campaign for the PAPERBOY® eBike,

- test ride the PAPERBOY® eBike before or whilst our Indiegogo campaign is live and

- join our referral program and if you do, you’ll to earn US$50 (or the Sterling equivalent) for every pledge you refer.

Here’s the URL of the Preview (where you can sign-up for a test ride and for a campaign launch notification):

the PAPERBOY® Light Hybrid eBike with Gaming Roots

Also ... we’re creating a 2nd short film about the PAPERBOY® eBike; the “2,000Km Teardown”.

The “2,000Km Teardown” is the name we’re giving, to the short film we’re creating, about the 2,000Km* road test of the PAPERBOY® eBike which we conducted during the British winter of 2020 / 21.

The short film will be published on the day the Indiegogo campaign for the PAPERBOY® eBike goes live.

You can get an insight into the “2,000km Teardown” at the following link above.

Here’s the link to our Media Kit:

the PAPERBOY - Media Kit – Google Drive?

Please let us have your feedback, so that we can re-fine our campaign further before it goes live, by posting here or by sending a direct message to:

Steve Wilcox, Director

Correspondence Address (New - Oct ’18):49 Sandfield Meadow, WS13 6NH, UK T: 07775 696564 E: [email protected]

Elite EV (‘Elite Electric Vehicle’) is a trading style of a special purpose vehicle created for Elite's vehicle, auction and other ex-entertainment activities. Co. # 09192829 http://elite-systems.co.uk

steve.wilcox

Mar 24, 2021
UK
I went to Indiegogo and searched for the paperboy and got nothing. Provide a link to make it even easier?
Here's the link to the Preview.

If you sign-up there then you'll receive a launch-notification.

the PAPERBOY® Light Hybrid eBike with Gaming Roots

We appreciate the interest.

the_paperboy_from_elite_ev_b21_v1_2a.jpg
the_paperboy_from_elite_ev_b21_v1_2a.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
This offers great value at $1k...
But its clearly a very basic frame and fork with a hub motor and fitted with poor quality components.
I wish you luck but it's kind of misleading to claim it is lightweight or anything new.
If you can sell direct in the UK at the £1k price point it will be a viable alternative to the cheap Carrera and BTwin bikes from the likes of Halfords and decathlon.. But unfortunately without the support of an establishmed bricks and mortar supplier.

I too loved the game Paperboy in the arcades.

steve.wilcox

Mar 24, 2021
UK
This offers great value at $1k...
But its clearly a very basic frame and fork with a hub motor and fitted with poor quality components.
I wish you luck but it's kind of misleading to claim it is lightweight or anything new.
If you can sell direct in the UK at the £1k price point it will be a viable alternative to the cheap Carrera and BTwin bikes from the likes of Halfords and decathlon.. But unfortunately without the support of an establishmed bricks and mortar supplier.

I too loved the game Paperboy in the arcades.

We appreciate the feedback.

To date I’ve covered about 3,000km on one of the production units of the PAPERBOY.

I expect to have covered 4,000-5,000km by the time the IGG campaign for the PAPERBOY closes.

We’ve learned a lot about the unit and will be iterating it with each production batch.

We’re making a short film about what we learned.

In the film we explain how what we learned is being used by the manufacturer to improve the PAPERBOY.

A preview of the film can be found at the link below.

We stand by our claim that the PAPERBOY’s lightweight, as we found nothing to match it at the price.

Indeed, we found many examples of heavier units at twice the price.

Here’s the link to the above referenced preview:

Thank you for the feedback and the good wishes. We’re delighted you have fond memories of the game, as do we.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
We appreciate the feedback.

To date I’ve covered about 3,000km on one of the production units of the PAPERBOY.

I expect to have covered 4,000-5,000km by the time the IGG campaign for the PAPERBOY closes.

We’ve learned a lot about the unit and will be iterating it with each production batch.
No worries.
3000km is not actually all that much but enough to tell you how things are holding up for sure. For example on my normal roadbike I'd expect to get 3000miles out of my rear tyre (a quality good compound racing tread not a harder compound OEM commuting tyres on the paperboy) and 4-4.5000miles out of the rear. And 4-5000 miles out of the drivetrain depending on conditions (good dependable 10 speed shimano 105)
Brake pads about 5000miles. (I'm not heavy on brakes though and rides are not as stop start asa commuter like the Paperboy would see).
We stand by our claim that the PAPERBOY’s lightweight, as we found nothing to match it at the price.
Yeah. No doubt. In comparison to bikes with mid motors, large batteries, off road capable parts, tyres and suspension components.
The £1.2k Halfords and decathlon Ebikes I mentioned are lighter than most £6k+ Emtbs.
What is the full weight of the bike with pedals?
And what is the hub motor?
And what capacity is the battery in watt hours?

Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles