Full Face Helmet Recommendation

jimbobwr

Sep 22, 2019
Dursley
Hi Guys, Im in the market for a full face helmet after watching my mate put his bottom teeth through his lip this week!

Fancy something that I can remove the face guard on for normal day to day rides.

I'm leaning towards the Bell Super DH Mips.

Any advice or opinions would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Skv1878

Apr 17, 2019
Liverpool
Hi. I had a look at that helmet but in the end went for the fox pro full face.
Really light, lots of air vents, Mips ??

Tried the Bell super DH Mips but felt that my shape face fitted the Fox a lot better.

Try both on and check with goggles etc

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I chose the bell super 3 mips instead - apparently better ventilation . I don't race so didn't need the down hill certification on the chinbar. Plus I have an old neck injury and theorise that a slightly more flexible chin piece might help improve my chances if walking away from a bug one....

It's been a good lid, but a few slight niggles - the rear adjusting mechanism gas a couple of pins that rotate / lock in place- occasionally they will twist out of place if I store the helmet without the chin on , and a few times I've only noticed AFTER a ride ( so presumably it wasn't well enough secured) . The peak is a bit short - only really an ussue riding into a sunset.

ps my daughter has a leatt dbx3 enduro - lighter, better ventilation, wider port so fits goggles better. If it fits your head and you don't need the race certification it's worth a look.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a Bell Super without the chin piece because I already had a full face helmet.
I don't race DH, but this FF is still ASTM Certified. I just wanted a lightweight FF with loads of ventilation. The Met Parachute only weighs abut 700gm and comes in loads of colours. If you look around the net you will find some 2018 versions for not much money at all for a great helmet.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=M...EigB&biw=1366&bih=625#spd=4285570726209054498

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Choose the one that fits the best in your head
This.

I've got a Giro Switchblade and after the first couple of rides I stopped taking the chinbar off so I don't think it's worth the extra cost and weight.

I now have a Fox Proframe full face for big days and an On One Enduro for bimbles. The Fox is much lighter than the Giro and more comfortable so that's a double win. The On One is cheap as chips and very comfortable, but actually hotter than either the Fox or Giro and fits round heads best.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles