Frozen display

Aldy1

Aug 10, 2019
Northumberland
After washing my decoy the display freezes and wont turn off unless the battery is removed. Tried drying all connection out and using contact cleaner but still no joy. YT have requested I send it back to them to check over but will they be able to see it has been deristricted with STunlocker even though I've put the setting back to EU?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's a none standard battery which makes things a little more difficult. Sounds like you've done the normal things. All the cables off, cleaned, re-seated - again not as easy on the decoy - don't you need to drop the motor to access the motor cables ?

If you've managed to change back to EU and power on/off to do that correctly then it should be set as EU in the motor now. There is a "black box" which records data in the E8000, but I don't think anyones decoded it (I started but went for a ride instead :) ). So they might be able to tell, but it sounds like a hardware issue anyway.

Also, check all the cables aren't trapped, pulled tight anywhere (display, controller, wheel sensor). If they are that can cause some unusual behaviour - though not normally what you're describing.

On some e8000 bikes there were power on/off problems caused by the battery in the actual power switch not charging - so you could have a problem like that.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
After washing my decoy the display freezes and wont turn off unless the battery is removed. Tried drying all connection out and using contact cleaner but still no joy. YT have requested I send it back to them to check over but will they be able to see it has been deristricted with STunlocker even though I've put the setting back to EU?
I sent mine back with the same problem, I’d used STunlocker as well, they sent me a new one straight away. Turnaround was like 5 days, top service ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles