Front hub on 2019 levo base help

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Hello

Possible noob question....please have a look at this video below. Is this as designed? It makes a clicking noise when I move it about too, has approx 2-3mm play. When you slip the spacers back on it limits the movement slightly but still enough to wobble it and make the clicking noise.

I hear the clicking every now and again whilst out and about, usually when compressing the forks. Anything to be concerned about/needing a fix or am I ok to crack on?

When the wheels on and tightened up It rides ok, no wheel wobble, just that noise sometimes?
Any help appreciated ?

Thanks

Ben

0199B51D-8755-4B71-B4E4-800F57B62822.gif

Last edited:

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hello

Possible noob question....please have a look at this video below. Is this as designed? It makes a clicking noise when I move it about too, has approx 2-3mm play. When you slip the spacers back on it limits the movement slightly but still enough to wobble it and make the clicking noise.

I hear the clicking every now and again whilst out and about, usually when compressing the forks. Anything to be concerned about/needing a fix or am I ok to crack on?

When the wheels on and tightened up It rides ok, no wheel wobble, just that noise sometimes?
Any help appreciated ?

Thanks

Ben

View attachment 18221

Hi @congerball - those are floating end-caps and designed to have play in them. Once the axle is through and tight they are highly unlikely to be the source of noise. Far more likely is that it's coming from your fork.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Hi @congerball - those are floating end-caps and designed to have play in them. Once the axle is through and tight they are highly unlikely to be the source of noise. Far more likely is that it's coming from your fork.

@Specialized Rider Care
Turns out it was the fork, better late than never though ?
Specialized sent my Sektors to SRAM, they sent me a pair of Pikes back ????
What a difference. Also no clicking or oil leaking anymore ?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles