Froggy here, please don't ban me instantly dear historical fellow enemy!

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Hello everyone,

French noob here, living in the south of France, where dust and sharp rocks are evrywhere and where we can ride outside even under 42° (pretty sure english people will die instantenly above 25°c). But I don't know how to ride in muddy condition!
I don't own any ebike at the moment, but I plan to get one ASAP. That's why I'm here!

I discover Rob's channel and found a great community with nice people, so I hope you will accept me:
- even if I'm french
- even if we have a better soccer team
- even if we ride better
-even if we are not able to speak properly english

By the way: I'm a man of english culture and I like:

-Keeley Hazell and Lucy Pinder
-Having a beer with English people
-English people

Have a nice day and see you on the forum!

Cyril

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The forum may in English but the membership is pretty international Cyril....so I think you are relatively safe!

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
The forum may in English but the membership is pretty international Cyril....so I think you are relatively safe!
Because it's in english you will lose 80% of the french community (but perhaps it's not a bad thing! ) ;)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It would be interesting to know what the French call the various bike parts or even what the French call an E mountain bike.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
It would be interesting to know what the French call the various bike parts or even what the French call an E mountain bike.

Fee free to ask me!

e-bike = VTT electrique = electrique mountain bike
Some people use the term VTT (=MTB) with electric assistance.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Fee free to ask me!

e-bike = VTT electrique = electrique mountain bike
Some people use the term VTT (=MTB) with electric assistance.

Hopefully you can find some parts which are rude when translated ! :)

I find some of the French names are amazingly sensible ! (or my translations of them, which might be completely wrong, sorry @Mydriaze if they're wrong.)

VTT - Velo Tout Terrain (all terrain bike) - Mountain Bike.

VTTae - VTT with assistance Electric

VTC - Velo Tout Chemin - more of a hill bike than a mountain bike... for "all lanes"

VSS - Velo Sans Scrotum - ladies bike (ok, I made that one up).

General useful words for when you're lying upside down crying ..

Pattes de Dérailleur - derailleur hanger
Beer - Bière
Puncture - Crevaison
Inner Tube - Chambre à air
Tubeless - Tubeless

Pedro78

Nov 27, 2018
Ile de la réunion
Bonjour
Hopefully you can find some parts which are rude when translated ! :)

I find some of the French names are amazingly sensible ! (or my translations of them, which might be completely wrong, sorry @Mydriaze if they're wrong.)

VTT - Velo Tout Terrain (all terrain bike) - Mountain Bike.

VTTae - VTT with assistance Electric

VTC - Velo Tout Chemin - more of a hill bike than a mountain bike... for "all lanes"

VSS - Velo Sans Scrotum - ladies bike (ok, I made that one up).

General useful words for when you're lying upside down crying ..

Pattes de Dérailleur - derailleur hanger
Beer - Bière
Puncture - Crevaison
Inner Tube - Chambre à air
Tubeless - Tubeless

Les phrases très utiles ??

Putain! Je suis tombé!
Mon vélo, ça va?
Donne-moi une bière s'il te plaît
Ton vélo c'est quoi ça? C'est de la merde! ?? Regarde le mien ça m'a coûté 7000€

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Hello everyone,

French noob here, living in the south of France, where dust and sharp rocks are evrywhere and where we can ride outside even under 42° (pretty sure english people will die instantenly above 25°c). But I don't know how to ride in muddy condition!
I don't own any ebike at the moment, but I plan to get one ASAP. That's why I'm here!

I discover Rob's channel and found a great community with nice people, so I hope you will accept me:
- even if I'm french
- even if we have a better soccer team
- even if we ride better
-even if we are not able to speak properly english

By the way: I'm a man of english culture and I like:

-Keeley Hazell and Lucy Pinder
-Having a beer with English people
-English people

Have a nice day and see you on the forum!

Cyril

Sounds like you would feel right at home here in Arizona; 42 C here right now and lots of sharp rocks and dust :)

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Bonjour Cyril Si vous plait vot iiis ze name of the velo route system covering much of France and Europe??? believe it is worth checking out.
You will see my Francais is up to the best Rost beef standard!:whistle:
Bon chance mon ami(y)
Route covering system? What do you mean? We have something called IGN, which is very accurate, (+/-1m accuracy sometimes)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Route covering system? What do you mean? We have something called IGN, which is very accurate, (+/-1m accuracy sometimes)

I think he's looking for a site which shows all the velo routes in France. I've not found one. I know a lot of the commune websites show the local ones, but is there a national one ?

For anyone else, IGN is basically the French version of ordnance survey maps.

Portail IGN | L'information grandeur nature

I normally find it easiest to look at them through geoportal is you can overlay different map types, search, make measurements and so on .

Géoportail

So, for near me just type sordan in the search box and select the default suggestion. It then pops up with the IGN maps. You can add layers and things with the tools on the right, like satellite for instance, and blur it in or out on top of the IGN maps.

It's not going to help you find national cycle routes though. Hopefully Cyril will know more for that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles