free hub

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Hi all had my trek rail a few month now but have not been able together out a lot but haveing a ride out today going up a slight incline on a fire road and the free hub went (i think that's what they call it)
any one else had this happen.?

Rail5

Dec 12, 2019
Yorkshire
what rail is it...? I had bearing issues with my rail 5 within the first 4 months and they was replaced under warranty.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Not on a Trek and not an an emtb either. But on an e13 hub. The seals failed and let in water.
This led to the springs on the pawls rusting through and failing. It happened at about 700 miles, and then again, and then again! All at about 700 miles. All dealt with under warranty (e13 have a 5 year warranty). The tech guy at Silverfish, the e13 agent in the UK was amazed. He said that he had never had to do this once, let alone three times! :eek:
On the third time I had a complete new hub, all the bearings and seals etc, plus the latest design sealing arrangement. That third failure was during a test ride by the guy buying the bike from me (that was embarrassing, I had to tow him back to the car park!) Once I'd had it fixed he bought the bike. But 3- 4 months later (700 miles worth?) he got rid of the wheels. I didn't ask why. :giggle:

It's a warranty claim!! Don't let them snow you.

PS: I do not use a jet wash, not even a hosepipe; just a watering can and a bucket.

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
what rail is it...? I had bearing issues with my rail 5 within the first 4 months and they was replaced under warranty.
Its a rail 8.9 took it in to lbs today and they said it was a mess and should be a warranty job

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles