FR Newbie ! Reasonable Cube Hybrid Stereo (140 or 160) or dreamed Lapierre GLP2

Quai18

Oct 26, 2020
France
Hello all !
I have tried for the first time an EMTB 2 weeks ago, and I felt in love with it..
I live in the French Alps, so plenty of nice spots here, even close to my house.

I am not sur I should invest now, but I can't stop searching about which EMTB would be the right one for me.
I am rather tall : 187 cm or 6.13, not too heavy at 78kg or 172 lbs, and not too old : 36 :D

As I live in the French Alps, the road is not flat here, so an EMTB is definetly the right choice.

As written in the title, I am actively looking at 2 brands :
- Cube, because of the price/performence ratio. I think I would go with the STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC SL 625 27.5, around 4500 €
- Lapierre, the GLP2 Elite, as I love how they think the weight distribution, the mix of 27.5 on the rear and 29 on the front, but it has a cost : 6000€

So should I start with a cheaper Cube, or go full throttle and buy the Lapierre GLP2 Elite ? :)

Themightydickster

Nov 6, 2020
Treacle1
I've got the cube and can't fault it - bosch is bulletproof, quality parts and incredible value.1200 miles with no loose bolts! I'm the same build as you, bike is standard apart from aftermarket longer stem and more comfy seat.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hello all !
I have tried for the first time an EMTB 2 weeks ago, and I felt in love with it..
I live in the French Alps, so plenty of nice spots here, even close to my house.

I am not sur I should invest now, but I can't stop searching about which EMTB would be the right one for me.
I am rather tall : 187 cm or 6.13, not too heavy at 78kg or 172 lbs, and not too old : 36 :D

As I live in the French Alps, the road is not flat here, so an EMTB is definetly the right choice.

As written in the title, I am actively looking at 2 brands :
- Cube, because of the price/performence ratio. I think I would go with the STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC SL 625 27.5, around 4500 €
- Lapierre, the GLP2 Elite, as I love how they think the weight distribution, the mix of 27.5 on the rear and 29 on the front, but it has a cost : 6000€

So should I start with a cheaper Cube, or go full throttle and buy the Lapierre GLP2 Elite ? :)
Did you decide ???

I have to say there's something intriguing and tempting about the GLP2 !! Same motor as the Cube, but a much lighter bike and if you were desperate for more range you could carry a second battery.

Always looks amazing in the hands of Nicolas Vouilloz ... but then what doesn't ! :)

Quai18

Oct 26, 2020
France
Thank you for your messages.
No, I haven't decided yet. Even if I can/could afford to buy one of these bikets, it is still a huge budget ...

For the Cube at 4500 €, I could invest more easily than for the GLP at 6000 €, but I know/think I will miss the 27,5 / 29 combo, the weight optimization, and the easy swapable battery system.

And these EMTB doesn't seem to keep a good resell value after a few years, as the innovations and improvments occur on a regular basis ... So it is not like you can change every 2 or 3 years without thinking the money you need to add to make the swap.

I thought maybe I should wait one more year, take the time to try different bikes, rent some, from time to time when I need it, and invest only when I will be sure I want to spend so much money in this (fantastic) hobby ..

Or should I pray and find a second hand (and in good conditions) GLP2, so the buying intention would be easier :)

Stanczech

As we waste our time hesitating and putting off, life is running away. Forget worries, overcome dislike. It doesn't matter when, it doesn't matter where, it doesn't matter who. The most important thing is to take the first step, and go!

Quai18

Oct 26, 2020
France
Hello !
Well I have found an used Moustache Trail 6, model year : 2020. It has 1700km and will be fully checked before Friday, the day I will buy it !
Thank you all for your replies and advices !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles