• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Fox Factory 34 Axle Adjustment

Woad

Mar 18, 2021
Utah
I have a new Fox Factory 34 fit4 fork. The quick release is too loose and I can't get it tight enough. On all my other forks their is a Numbered Cam adjustment on the other side of the skewer that you can adjust to get more tension on the axle. The factory doesn't have this, and it's just a 3 pronged cam, that can't be adjusted. I can't find any literature online about this issue, and the manual just shows the numbered cam's like the other forks.

thumbnail_IMG_4461.jpg

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
You have the same thing - just without the numbers. Loosen the bolt, rotate the notched and threaded piece clockwise or counterclockwise as needed.

Woad

Mar 18, 2021
Utah
You have the same thing - just without the numbers. Loosen the bolt, rotate the notched and threaded piece clockwise or counterclockwise as needed.

Thanks for the quick reply, thats what I thought as well so I tried tightening it up after rotating it and marred the surface of the 3 teeth. I took a better picture. You can see that there is no way I can adjust it because in the end, The cam has to line up perfectly with the 3 teeth in the fork.
Thanks for the help, i feel defeated by this blasted thing!

thumbnail_IMG_4463_LI.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4463.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles