Fox 38 eBike Specific Forks

coloktm

Oct 28, 2020
MO
I have read much of the old forums about the Fox 36 and how the stanchions were thicker so a 34 internal was used. This was to manage the increased load of an ebike. However, on the 38, I couldn't find this info. I spoke to Tech Support at Fox yesterday and they confirmed by email:

"for the 38 the only difference is an e-bike tuned grip damper the stanchions are all the same thickness."

This is new info that I couldn't find anywhere else so I elected to just use a standard Fox 38 since it's all I could find for sale right now and I can always change the grip damper in the future if I just MUST have more damping. Hope this helps someone in the future.

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
I have read much of the old forums about the Fox 36 and how the stanchions were thicker so a 34 internal was used. This was to manage the increased load of an ebike. However, on the 38, I couldn't find this info. I spoke to Tech Support at Fox yesterday and they confirmed by email:

"for the 38 the only difference is an e-bike tuned grip damper the stanchions are all the same thickness."

This is new info that I couldn't find anywhere else so I elected to just use a standard Fox 38 since it's all I could find for sale right now and I can always change the grip damper in the future if I just MUST have more damping. Hope this helps someone in the future.
I am in the same dude, is the 38" ebike version better than normal? Or has 36" cartuche?

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD

@coloktm - I've been writing with Fox tech support guys and when I asked them about differences between 38 and 38E, he said "talk to your local bike shop". Thanks a lot Fox!

Do you know if both Rebound and Compression damping are different or just Compression damping? I would think only Compression is really e-bike specific. Rebound is more about the total system weight, which is heavier with e-bike, but not nearly as different as between lightweight and clydesdale rider body weights.

The reason I ask is that I find the HSC and LSC too stiff on the 36E even in wide-open position. I'd like to have some built in head-room so I can actually tighten HSC and LSC down somewhere in the middle as suggested in the Fox tuning guide.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles