Found a trail and it led to a giant abandoned college and grounds...Ive only lived nearby for 20 years!

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
That was Excellent! Heaps of work always doing your ridebys, and cool trails that you have there!!
That college looks anazing! Love the inside photos you included, were they from you?

I had to Google that to find out where it was, amazing old building with a slightly dodgy past...

Google: St Joseph's Seminary...

Bobbobby

Nov 7, 2018
United Kingdom
That was Excellent! Heaps of work always doing your ridebys, and cool trails that you have there!!
That college looks amazing! Love the inside photos you included, were they from you?
No..just pinched them off the net..you cant get in anymore, fully camera'd with security guard.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Really nice video, it must have taken ages unless you had someone to pick up the camera after you. Those shots of the building must have put a few budding property developers into lip smacking mode. :)

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Just imagine the pump track you could build in there....

847F5111-FD70-4B1F-B768-6ED55FCED69D.png

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
On a side note, is that video really what wigan is like?

My parents left wigan and moved to Australia, from their description I imagined an industrial coal mining district.

Bobbobby

Nov 7, 2018
United Kingdom
On a side note, is that video really what wigan is like?

My parents left wigan and moved to Australia, from their description I imagined an industrial coal mining district.
A bit, but it also had tremendous wealth in its day, theres loads of lovely parks and the leftovers of millionaires houses.
Wigan is a town mostly past its best though.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Nice pier there.
On that note, about 20 years ago I had a job in Barrow-in-Furness and used to travel up there from that London twice a month. First time up the M6 there was a brown tourist sign for Wigan pier. Naturally, as it's a motorway, the sign pointed left to come off the motorway.

I therefore assumed that as the coast was to the left of the M6, Wigan pier was exactly that and Wigan was a coastal town. A bit of Yahooing (pre-Google) later on confirmed my suspicions that something was up with this Wigan place.

Bobbobby

Nov 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Nice pier there.
On that note, about 20 years ago I had a job in Barrow-in-Furness and used to travel up there from that London twice a month. First time up the M6 there was a brown tourist sign for Wigan pier. Naturally, as it's a motorway, the sign pointed left to come off the motorway.

I therefore assumed that as the coast was to the left of the M6, Wigan pier was exactly that and Wigan was a coastal town. A bit of Yahooing (pre-Google) later on confirmed my suspicions that something was up with this Wigan place.
Nice pier there.

It comes under Wigan but its not really Wiganish, right next to it us the cute little town of Roby.
Theres loads of classic northern towns up here..but inbetween is some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles