Forest Of Dean, The one with hills... 28 September

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not knowingly. Taking it, returning it and cleaning it whilst I sleep shows a serious commitment to the don't ride it don't break it, Trek Rail plan.

Lets hope he doesn't apply the same procedure to not upsetting his Mrs when he's feeling amorous !

I'm a bit concerned, I saw on facebook he had his new t-shirts made up with "Nail the Rail".

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Wetter than an otters pocket and slicker than a snake oil salesman.

10:00 at the cycle centre.

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
I think it was mate ??
Hi guys, 'is this a come along and join us' group?? If so I'd like to come along and join you next time you're out.. mostly ride FoD, Afan, Coed y Brenan so sounds like you guys do too....none it my mates have switched to an ebike so looking for a group to speed things up a bit!!! Cheers Nick

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
For anyone planning on riding Dowies in the near future, it's started!!

dowie1.JPG

dowie2.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Bugger. I thought those trails were safe. :cry:

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Bugger. I thought those trails were safe. :cry:

Unfortunately not. work already started, I went up to move all of our digging kit to a safer location but couldn't find it, shame as it looks like we will need it according to Forestry England!!!
IMG_1524.PNG

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Checked out Dowies and Shutcastle to see what carnage the FC are creating.
Shutcastle currently untouched but loads of orange marked trees , so I expect there will be some decimation soon .
Fire road access to that side is fine at the mo and the natural trails around there are also untouched .
Lots of activity in the Dowies side though .
I went up the fireroad to the right opposite Mary Rose, didn't take the right fork , stayed left .
Several of the Dowies trails cross this road and have no entry signs to stop anyone going up them . Some felled trees across the trails
I carried on right up to the top and picked up the trails which are rideable at the top but the full descents are not due to the work .
There is one trail that starts up by the football pitch that I don't know the name of that is rideable .
It runs high above the road to Coleford and runs kinda parallel to the road heading down towards the main entrance .
It's proper nuts , vertical chutes and rock slabs and finishes with a steep chute onto the main road about half a KM above Mary Rose
It's undisturbed by felling but it's definitely a black run , not for the faint hearted and I must admit I minced down most of it .

If anyone is planning a visit there is stuff to ride but the main Dowies runs are mullered for the mo
I'll pop over on a regular basis and report back

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Thanks Stu.

There is one trail that starts up by the football pitch that I don't know the name of that is rideable .
It runs high above the road to Coleford and runs kinda parallel to the road heading down towards the main entrance .
It's proper nuts , vertical chutes and rock slabs and finishes with a steep chute onto the main road about half a KM above Mary Rose
That sounds fun! I'll have a look for it next time I'm there.

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Thanks Stu.

That sounds fun! I'll have a look for it next time I'm there.
Your welcome Dom

I stumbled across that trail whilst looking for something that was still rideable from the top
I've never seen it before but ive often driven passed the final chute to the road and salivated

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Steep chute onto the main road sounds like the bottom of whiters, which we have ridden a couple of times @Doomanic but I don't remember any rockslabs - there may be another run into it that I haven't found.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I thought of Whiters but it doesn't start in the right place, hence my question.

Reactions: Dax

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Your welcome Dom

I stumbled across that trail whilst looking for something that was still rideable from the top
I've never seen it before but ive often driven passed the final chute to the road and salivated
How close to the road is the chute? Right on it, or is there some run out?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles