Forest Of Dean, The one with hills... 28 September

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yes. And No.

The date was the 28th in the Cannock thread, for some reason I posted the wrong date in this thread... D'oh.

The 21st is no good because of FoD Fest. The place will busier than usual so parking will be nigh on impossible and I've booked (and paid for :eek: ) a demo on a Whyte ebike.

Sorry if this messes everyone about.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Excellent!

Make sure you've got your big boy pants on, it could get steep. :ROFLMAO:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good. I preferred the e180 over the e150. New motor is better; quieter, but not Levo quiet, and seemed more efficient.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
I think we should miss the really bad weather on Saturday as it's mostly forecast through the night into Sunday. We'll probably be hit with some showers. The trails should be ok though I've done some really wet rides at the FoD and they've not been too bad imo ??

Bring a wet suit though!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is everything still on for Saturday Dom ?
There hasn’t been much chat about weather or people coming

Yes Mark. 9:30 at the Cycle Centre, aiming to set off at 10:00 to allow for any late comers.

Depending on the state of the trails I may have to alter the route as some of the intended trails get pretty lairy in the wet. And some are positively dangerous...

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I reckon the wether won’t impact us too much also. It was a wet day last Sunday on the pines ride but it did not stop us enjoying it and the tree canopy at FOD will look after us.

Got to expect a little moisture this time of the year.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I’m probably giving it a miss . Sounds a bit above my skill level, to be honest. If I do come, I’ll be there in plenty of time so don’t hang around.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Pretty sure i cant make it. I need to check something later today.
FoD is one place I really want to go to though, so i will make it one day..... one day....

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
@billwarwick, @Morton027 I’m happy to do a tamer ride for you guys, either this Sunday or the following Sunday.

And for anyone else who’s interested too.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
With regards to the weather, if it’s too wet on the day we can head off to less gnar trails.

There are showers at the Cycle Centre if we get too gopping.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Dow, what time does the cafe open, you can get breakfast there if I’m not mistaken, I e had a coffee before but not had any grub but looked like it was good

Ryder77

Sep 26, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi,

Really interested in joining this ride or one on Sunday if there is one.

I moved to FOD recently and having never MTB'd before, got myself an EMTB 3 months ago. Have done Verderers and Freeminers no probs. Also taken any unofficial trails I have found whilst exploring the forest (Staunton, down towards Biblins etc)... which has led to me dismounting a few times for big drops or uber steep stuff.

Would love to meet up with some other riders as all my rides have been solo so far.

I could come along tomorrow and it is easy enough for me to cycle home if you guys are doing stuff beyond my current abilities, or I could come Sunday if there is a ride?

BTW raining alot here at the mo.

Tom_199

Sep 27, 2019
London
Hi guys. Forum newbies welcome on this ride?
Ride FOD off piste quite a bit but would be cool to ride with a different group and maybe learn a few more hidden secrets..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles