Focus thron2 6.8

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
Hey folks
I just ordered a focus thron2 6.8 size xl green from my local bike shop . It has the bosch cx gen4 with 625 wh batt . There was lots of research and comparing, but finally the focus thron seemed to be the best fit for me .
In australia we have had unprecedented bike sales , Multiple bike shops reporting record sales . 1 years taking in 3 months. This is great for the industry but bad for me as i have a 2 month wait for my new bike and no guarantee that i will get one . With limited numbers being imported , heres fingers crossed .
Im 51 with some broken bits and am hoping the ebike will be a bit kinder on my body and allow me to still get out in the bush . From what ive read the thron is a bit more upright/ comfortable in riding position? I like the option of attaching racks , intergrated lights and mud guards , were hoping to do murrary to mountains rail trail in victoria again this year.

Looking foward to picking up lots of usefull information here
Thanks
Matt

Screenshot_20200627-172306.png

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
It's a lovely bike. My wife has the Thron² and I've got a Jam². Her riding position is definitely more upright than mine.

She reckons it's the most comfortable bike she's ever had, but still it's still a pretty nimble bike which is way more capable than either of us. It's a brilliant trail bike and you won't be disappointed.

Rob Hancil did a video of it if you haven't seen it.

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
I might be getting ahead of myself , But
wondering is it worth while purchasing the bosch front and rear lights that run from the bikes internal battery? Or are there after market lights that i can connect ?

Also anyone using the thron rear pannier rack . Are they a specific focus profuct ? Im hoping to do some multi day touring with my partner who is just about to take delivery of an avanti e2 low . .

We have previously done a couple of trips riding rail trails in victoria Australia . And find it the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday .
Thanks
Matt

OI000057.JPG

OI000047.JPG

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I might be getting ahead of myself , But
wondering is it worth while purchasing the bosch front and rear lights that run from the bikes internal battery? Or are there after market lights that i can connect ?

Also anyone using the thron rear pannier rack . Are they a specific focus profuct ? Im hoping to do some multi day touring with my partner who is just about to take delivery of an avanti e2 low . .

We have previously done a couple of trips riding rail trails in victoria Australia . And find it the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday .
Thanks
Matt

My missus' Thron² is the EQP, so it came fully kitted with the lights, mudguards and rack. The mudguards and rack are steel, absolutely rock solid (look like they've been made for the Dutch market where the girls transport their boyfriends on the luggage rack) and are a proprietary item which bolt directly into the fittings in the frame. The mudguards seem to be dependent on the rack for their fittings.

The only pain in the butt from our side is that the lights are "plumbed in" to the mudguards, which means removing the mudguards and rack for playing on the rough stuff is a bit more involved than just undoing a few bolts. As it turned out, that didn't matter as my missus has made it clear that "those mudguards are staying put!" ("Yes, dear..."). She normally rides with a couple of small paniers because she hates wearing a backpack of any sort.

I plough a slightly different furrow: I tow a Topeak Journey trailer for touring. On my acoustic bike I barely noticed it was there and am itching to get out with it hitched to the Jam². That'll have to wait until it's cooled down a bit, though, as that sort of touring isn't for 40°C temperatures. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles