Focus Jam2 Factory won’t turn on and is not charging

KVDB

Apr 16, 2023
Netherlands
I didn’t test the TEC pack yet since today’s fix, but as I was curious after your comment that your TEC pack didn’t work anymore after fitting your new battery I’ve just tested it… and weirdly enough the TEC pack also doesn’t turn on in my case - it’s Murphy's law I’m afraid :(

Once I connect the TEC pack, the LED light on the on/off switch button also won’t turn blue in that case.

When I disconnect the TEC pack, everything works fine again.

@Peaky Rider Did you try anything to fix it, or went to a dealer with this issue? Or simply gave up?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Interesting and disappointing. The fact that we have both fitted new internal batteries and then ended up with non functioning TEC pack batteries suggests to me that either something has changed on the pcb board on the new battery or the dealer has to work some sort of magic
When I bought my new battery the dealer assured me everything was plug and play so I have always assumed the pcb board on the new battery to be the issue.

As I mentioned in my previous post, for what I use my Focus for my Trailwatts extender is sufficient and my TEC battery is going flat in the back of a cupboard.

KVDB

Apr 16, 2023
Netherlands
Interesting and disappointing. The fact that we have both fitted new internal batteries and then ended up with non functioning TEC pack batteries suggests to me that either something has changed on the pcb board on the new battery or the dealer has to work some sort of magic
When I bought my new battery the dealer assured me everything was plug and play so I have always assumed the pcb board on the new battery to be the issue.

As I mentioned in my previous post, for what I use my Focus for my Trailwatts extender is sufficient and my TEC battery is going flat in the back of a cupboard.
Strange indeed that we both have this same issue after fitting the new internal battery. I will start a new thread about this, as it's a different issue than the original issue in this thread. Hopefully someone has the magic answer.

I will also contact my dealer - The TEC pack was quite expensive, and it can't be the case that it simply becomes useless after changing the (orginal Focus) battery.

KVDB

Apr 16, 2023
Netherlands
H0w do you reset the battery?

You need to remove the battery and open the battery casing. On the wireboard there is a tiny green LED indicator with a tiny white button next to it. You should press that white button with a screwdriver for example.

The battery is not really designed to be opened, (the casing is glued together) so you should do it with care.

Off course warranty will expire once you start opening the battery, so take that into account.

P.s. resetting the battery didn’t solve my specific issue, but for some other users on this forum it seemed to work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles