Focus Jam2 2021 coil options (Gen 2 - Bosch)

J_J_T

Feb 25, 2021
Hyrylä, Finland
Hi so strarting a new topic for coil rear shocks. I have ordered from ridewill.it DB coil inline version. Anyone using it or other coil shock at the moment?

Foot out flat out

Oct 21, 2022
West Sussex UK
Hi so strarting a new topic for coil rear shocks. I have ordered from ridewill.it DB coil inline version. Anyone using it or other coil shock at the moment?
Hi, I have the jam2 6.9 2021 not sure if you have the same but am also looking to upgrade the shock to coil or maybe fox X2 or cane creek air inline if they fit. DPS has done its job but need more fine tuning, have you fitted the cane creek coil in
line or tried any other options? if so could you post pics? Cheers 👍
Hi so strarting a new topic for coil rear shocks. I have ordered from ridewill.it DB coil inline version. Anyone using it or other coil shock at the moment

1681F750-7BCB-48A5-AECF-4014AD2B190E.jpeg

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
Fox Float X or DPX2 work perfectly in Large or X-Large frames fitted with Bosch motors. Bosch and Shimano motored frames have different rocker designs, what works on a Shimano frame does not necessarily work on a Bosch frame

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
I replaced the main rocker with a Sam2 rocker, installing which has it's own issues. First, the Sam2 rocker is wider at the mount where it attaches to the frame - fixed by adding 2 slim washers on either side. Second, the rocker now strikes the seat tube at full extension, I actually had to compress the shock a little to install it - I'll fix that by sticking a thick rubber pad on the seat tube. And, the coil misses striking the frame by a whisker.

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
Good work, it's a great bike, Ollie Wilkins and Deakin choose it over the Sam. Deakin does local downhill comps and Enduro on one.

Aapeli

Mar 27, 2023
Finland
Also got Sam2 linkage. Linkage is hitting the frame and need to compress shock to fit it in place. Same as others.

But this changes the bike geometry, rear axle is 10mm lower with this setup. So there will be increase in steering angle. And of course shorter travel because you have to compress shock.

IMG_5572 Large.jpeg

Last edited:

sakis

Sep 24, 2023
Ελλάδα
I live in Australia. Emailed about 5 different bike shops that sold/serviced Jam2 asking if anyone had the part. One eventually said they did. My local shop said they could order one in, but would take a couple of months.
Good evening my friend. I have the focus jam2 6.9 (2021/medium). I almost sold my bike for the same reason. I bought 2 suspensions, the fox dhx and the fox dhx2 one, both of which were hitting on the frame so I was not able to install them. If I buy this link that you mention above, will I be able to install dhx? If yes, can you tell me where to buy it? Thank you very much!

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
Good evening my friend. I have the focus jam2 6.9 (2021/medium). I almost sold my bike for the same reason. I bought 2 suspensions, the fox dhx and the fox dhx2 one, both of which were hitting on the frame so I was not able to install them. If I buy this link that you mention above, will I be able to install dhx? If yes, can you tell me where to buy it? Thank you very much!
I cannot guarantee that it will fit a medium frame, mine is a large and it fit OK.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles