Flyon strip down....is it possible?

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
I want to take the battery rails etc out of my AllMtn 5.0 to check the battery terminals at the top in the down tube. Has anyone done it?? Are there and diagrams on the web??

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Ooh pretty sure it’s bonded into the frame.
Can you get access by removing the charger connector? Why check the terminals? Turn the bike upside down and use a torch up inside the tube?

Can you access it from the head tube inserts?

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
Ooh pretty sure it’s bonded into the frame.
Can you get access by removing the charger connector? Why check the terminals? Turn the bike upside down and use a torch up inside the tube?

Can you access it from the head tube inserts?
It looks like all the battery rails and electrics slide out on a frame in a similar way to the battery.Head tube inserts are too small to get anything in.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
So I had a look at this last night. I thought you were referring to the alloy plate that runs up inside the tube. Anyway, the battery connector plate does look like it should slide out but I couldn’t figure out what was holding it in place?

The connector is exactly the same as the one on the end of the charger cable so, depending on how it’s terminated on the back, should be perfectly water tight etc. It just floats in the mounting plate to allow for tolerance on battery install position. Perhaps invest in an endoscope camera for the iPhone (£30) and poke it inside the cable entry in the head stock?

035DE70E-D0BB-4195-AC88-BAA2A631A52B.jpeg
0DF8FBB4-7CAC-4024-BFAF-521A6766D7E4.jpeg

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
Thats it. Those two silver rails look like they should slide out like the battery. I've managed to reach down and fix my battery connector. It has moved out of position and "Clicked" back in when I wiggled it. I had a bit of a crash the day it happened, so that must have dislodged it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles