Flyon Issues

zaimuk

Feb 2, 2020
Lancing
Did you change gear so it's in the correct gear before the climb rather than relying on the motor to get you up? You might find this helpful.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have you indexed your gears ? (youtube). Also check your chain is sitting on the teeth correctly in the derailleur, they're often narrow/wide and if the chain has skipped one tooth it won't be sitting on the jockey wheels correctly, which can cause the chain to miss feed.

Also, check the derailleur cable and how it's routed. It could be suspension movement on a climb is applying pressure to the cable and causing the derailleur to move.

For your brakes ?!? You mean it clunks when you brake ? Check the fixings and alignment and check the axle, check the brake disk is attached ... we're grasping at straws now ..

Scarecrow

Apr 18, 2020
Huddersfield
Thanks for all your replys, I did think I was maybe giving the motor too much work, so went into granny gear and that did solve it, however it seemed to have a lot more power to spare so I wasn't sure having only been in the gear below . The 1st ride out I got a stick stuck into the derailer which sent it into a stuck position, so I wonder if it had been damaged but it looks ok, and I did index them as for normal riding the gears were shifting fine. For the back brake clunking under load, yes when I'm braking hard going down steep hills it clunks.

Last edited:

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Thanks for all your replys, I did think I was maybe giving the motor too much work, so went into granny gear and that did solve it, however it seemed to have a lot more power to spare so I wasn't sure having only been in the gear below . The 1st ride out I got a stick stuck into the derailer which sent it into a stuck position, so I wonder if it had been damaged but it looks ok, and I did index them as for normal riding the gears were shifting fine. For the back brake clunking under load, yes when I'm braking hard going down steep hills it clunks.
I ride my flyon Alltrail down some long hills and the brakes work perfectly and are powerful. Occasionally there is a little “chattering” from the front but I have not had any clunking sounds.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
I ride my flyon Alltrail down some long hills and the brakes work perfectly and are powerful. Occasionally there is a little “chattering” from the front but I have not had any clunking sounds.
Hi Arawa, do you find the front brake to be noisy, especially when wet? I’ve also got an Alltrail 6, only had it 2 weeks and never had disc brakes on a bike before. I spent a couple of days tweaking to get the brake alignment correct so they weren’t rubbing! But they are still noisy under heavy breaking! Just wondering if this is normal? Was hoping it would go away once they were bedded in! But after 100miles there still the same! Steve

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
On my current ”CV” daily ride I have a long descent and no problem with brakes, even in the wet. Occasionally a little “chattering” towards the bottom but no more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles