Flyon Power delivery?

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Ok firstly the bike (All Trail 5) is fitted with a tuning kit.

So, selected setting is standard legal limit of 25kph.
When riding at or close to the speed limit the power switches in and out but seems very corse ie over 25kph it’s like slamming the brakes on. The power doesn’t come back in until speed drops down to around 22/23 kph which makes riding at that speed very annoying and hard work. If using Mid/High power setting the instant surge sends you over the limit again and the whole cycle starts again.
I was under the impression the multi segment speed sensor disc was to provide a high level of control.

Another issue is once exceeding the speed limit there seems to be a period where I’m peddling hard against what feels like a clutch before it eventually seems to disengage, the whiring stops and all goes nice and free.
this just doesn’t seem right somehow.

Hopefully I’ve described these issue well enough?

Any thoughts/similar experiences?

S

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Exactly the same as mine (All Trail 6). When the limit is reached the power surges in and out as you try and pedal faster and fail. My speed sensor has been replaced with no difference.
I have never managed to pedal fast enough to reach the “nice and free” phase.
I have now accepted what the Flyon has to offer - massive hill climbing ability - and live with the powered speed limit by cycling just below that speed because the surging in and out is, as you say, annoying.
I had hoped that perhaps a software upgrade would fix the issue but nothing has come along to do so.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Strange nobody in YouTube world has reviewed this!! Everyone raves about the power/torque etc.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
Haven’t felt anything like that myself but probably it is due to always using ECO mode hence change from assistance to null is not so noticeable. Mine stops assisting at 27kph but as soon as you go back to 25kph it engages again smoothly

sunstoner

Aug 2, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Haven’t felt anything like that myself but probably it is due to always using ECO mode hence change from assistance to null is not so noticeable.

Thats a good point. Youre gonna notice the cut off more the higher the assistance youre using.

Not in the same ballpark and not as severe sounding as the Flyon but this is how it feels with my bosch gen 4 too. Once its down to leg power alone pushing a near 25kg bike with fat tires near or beyond 20mph for any distance once the assistance is gone does feel like the brakes have applied. I tend now to sit on or around the limit on the flatter, open surfaces.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles