Flyon creaking frame.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
Hi All, I have a Flyon Alltrail 6. Today I’ve started noticing that there is a lot of creaking coming from the frame! It seams to come frome around the headstock area but also get a creaks when putting a lot of pressure in to peddling and the noise then is definitely down by the motor! I did wonder if it’s the battery moving about but can’t find anything obvious. Anybody have the same issue or ideas? Is it normal for carbon frames to creak? Any thoughts greatly appreciated as I keep stopping to check the frame for cracks!!! Steve

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
I don’t have this issue on my Alltrail 6. And I rode my friend’s Alltrail 6 yesterday (looking to see if he had a motor fault like me) and I am sure his bike was not creaking either- in fact it was really quiet.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
Check the motor bolts
its easy to do
spin the bike upside down remove the battery cover and then the motor cover which is a few allen bolts
when removing the motor cover be aware that the econnect box is mounted to it
when the cover is moved out of the way you can see the 2 motor mount bolts which you can check for tightness
also check the crank arms are tight too
i always strip new bikes down and go through all the bolts when new just to be sure
Thanks, I did wonder if to try that tomorrow. Was definitely getting worse as the ride when on today.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
Did you fix your creak after ?
By tightening the cranks, motor and stem bolts it has cured it for about 30 minutes until it all starts moving again. I need to get some thread lock! Also sounds like I have a loose cable in the tube now!? What I’m really pissed about is I hit a rock on a narley climb this morning which through me off and the handlebars went all the way around and the bracket that holds the display screen on has gauged the top tube?

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
Which brings me back to my post on this :

This is my concern which you have no encountered
the only way these lock stops are going to get supplied as they were meant to be is by contacting the manufacturers
The more people that do the better .
I have asked my LBS to order me one.

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
I have spoken to my bike shop about this and they have said that Haibike dropped the steering stop due to safety concerns!

Steve h

Apr 18, 2020
Chalford
Safety concerns !!!
What is taking chunks out of your top tube then if not unsafe or potentially dangerous to the structural integrity of the frame
There arseholes advertising a bike with a device then sending it out unfitted arghhhh
I can’t believe they couldn’t have fitted a stem that would have allowed clearance for the display bracket!! Does seem to be a design issue! I’m thinking of containing Haibike direct. On a positive note, now I’ve done 400miles on it, the motor is quieter!

Damian

May 5, 2021
Spain
Hi all , was the creaking ever resolved ? I have a nduro 5.0 flyon and its doing the same thing. Cheers

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
By tightening the cranks, motor and stem bolts it has cured it for about 30 minutes until it all starts moving again. I need to get some thread lock! Also sounds like I have a loose cable in the tube now!? What I’m really pissed about is I hit a rock on a narley climb this morning which through me off and the handlebars went all the way around and the bracket that holds the display screen on has gauged the top tube?
It’s normally the gear shifter that gouges the top tube. Get some 3mm rubber strip and cable tie it around the tube in vulnerable areas.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
There was a thread here a while ago regarding frame clearance/rubbing around the outer edge of the motor. Worth a check.
I’ve had headstock creaks and more often seat post /saddle creaks.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Rubbing here
6CE907D2-1BF5-4CA4-9B28-0D646FE20116.jpeg

My saddle creaks here
D8326F52-1799-41FD-8117-7919DBECFB27.jpeg

mcyganik

Jul 2, 2021
Poland
My 8.0 started to creak as well ?!

@Sidepod, Did the creaking stop, after you tightened the motor?

I’m take my bike to my local shop! For maintenance/ service 2000km/1year

I have made 1905km (+1year) and it started
Will update with news after service

mcyganik

Jul 2, 2021
Poland
Ok so this shows to be a common problem with flyon as an constriction / design fault by Winora/ Haibike!

Who sets a motor with 120 torque and ONLY two screws?! It has to move around 🙄 after all power it gives! Ok so 18Nm should keep it in place but if there at least one of center positioning not available now in center of the motor!

also this gives a lot of force to the connector (motor / wire harness) so next question how long will this hold too all of this🤔

I can go on with all design faults but still this bike gives me a lot of fun when not creaking 🥴

I will post some pics before and after ..

Ps I’m glad I bought an FullSeven 4.0 for my wife

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
Ok so this shows to be a common problem with flyon as an constriction / design fault by Winora/ Haibike!

Who sets a motor with 120 torque and ONLY two screws?! It has to move around 🙄 after all power it gives! Ok so 18Nm should keep it in place but if there at least one of center positioning not available now in center of the motor!

also this gives a lot of force to the connector (motor / wire harness) so next question how long will this hold too all of this🤔
On top of the motor is an index bolt, which fits into a hole in the frame, so there are three points where the motor is held in place.
And the chassis connector is a floating construction, therefore the connector has guides, which will slide the chassis connector into place.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
It’s normally the gear shifter that gouges the top tube.

This small thing really pisses me off. I have tried every single combination of control adjustment and theres no way I can avoid my shifter hitting the top tube unless I run my brake lever above horizontal and break my right wrist to suit. But then neither do I want to slap a piece of inner tube and 2 cable ties in a very prominent place around my otherwise pretty bike. But without it my top tube will at some point get fcuked. I need to stop being a tart and just fit the tube but I wish the problem wasn't there to start with :mad:

mcyganik

Jul 2, 2021
Poland
On top of the motor is an index bolt, which fits into a hole in the frame, so there are three points where the motor is held in place.
And the chassis connector is a floating construction, therefore the connector has guides, which will slide the chassis connector into place.

You are right there are three points that should hold the motor in place, but center bolt "index" only fixed the position center were the motor should be.
It don't fix the problem that it can twist "rotates" at the index bolt:sneaky:.
You can see this from my pictures & Sidepods, were the motor has rotated and touches the frame. And I think we are not alone.

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
You are right there are three points that should hold the motor in place, but center bolt "index" only fixed the position center were the motor should be.
It don't fix the problem that it can twist "rotates" at the index bolt:sneaky:.
You can see this from my pictures & Sidepods, were the motor has rotated and touches the frame. And I think we are not alone.
Ah yes, i understand now, if around the bolts was an index bushing....
Maybe i have cleaned the area well or tightened the bolts a bit more, but until now not this problem for me....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles