• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Fitting torque caps

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
It would appear that a set of wheels that I have do not fit the bike. BUMMER!

But from various persona I've been told that a set of torque caps for the front wheel should sort this. But as usual the said various persona have indicated that this is an easy peasy job that any idiot could deal with. So just get on with it! But I can usually cock anything up simple or not.

So has anyone actually carried out this work and if so:
1) What's actually involved &
2) What tools did you need &
3)Just how easy was it including pitfalls & problems

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
What kind of fork? Torque caps usually just pull off and push on, although I've only used them on Hunt wheels.
Fork is a Zeb. Yep wheels are Hunt. Had a look on their site but the blurb didn't quite seem to equate with what I have.
N.B. That's from my extremely limited knowledge and expertise
So thought that my best plan was to consult those wot know much more than me!

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
As above, your wheel should definitely fit the fork. As the torque caps are bigger than regular, the receiver on the fork is commensurately larger. This means fitting a wheel without torque caps may require a bit of fiddling to get it to line up, but it will definitely fit. On rs forks I've had situations where it felt like the legs were bending just the tiniest bit towards each other and I had to "spread" them a bit to fit. Is it that?

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
After managing to find someone with greater knowledge than me (That's probably anyone) I'm pleased to say that the problem is now solved. It was so simple that even a three year old could do it. That's about my level of expertise. I was a bit disappointed though in Hunt Wheels. Firstly they sent the wrong items for the wheels. I'll forgive them that as anyone can make a mistake. There were however no instructions in the box regarding the work required & their instructions online didn't help. I mentioned to them that I thought that the wheels should really have the correct fittings when they were sent & not have some idiot try to find out what to do. They came good however & suggested that if said idiot couldn't manage the work they would pay for a bike shop to sort the problem. That seemed a pretty good offer & restored my faith in Hunt. Ho hum onto the next problem!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles