• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Fitting accessories

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
So I recently got a Norco Range VLT, and it's been great so far! The only issue I've found is that because of the super wide down tube, my pump and a few other accessories simply don't fit on to the bottle bosses. Do you guys find similar problems with your ebikes, and how do you work around it?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
What accessories? I have never owned a pump! I use Co2 plus adaptor and carry a spare tube/levers/tubeless plugs kit using an Enduro strap. For longer rides I carry spares like a hanger, chain, zip ties, presta valve cores, in a waist hydration belt. I also have the option of using a top tube bag if I need more storage. I dont use bottles (I use Camelbac in the waist belt) and do not use the bottle mounts for anything.

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
What accessories? I have never owned a pump! I use Co2 plus adaptor and carry a spare tube/levers/tubeless plugs kit using an Enduro strap. For longer rides I carry spares like a hanger, chain, zip ties, presta valve cores, in a waist hydration belt. I also have the option of using a top tube bag if I need more storage. I dont use bottles (I use Camelbac in the waist belt) and do not use the bottle mounts for

Bottle mount isn't an issue (although on the large frame my 700ml camel ak insulated bottle covers the second bottle boss), but I have a pretty decent crank brothers hand pump, I've always preferred using a pump to CO2. Otherwise I'd also like to have a second bottle cage to fit a tool tube, since the current Norco frame design doesn't leave much room to strap anything to the top tube, and the only space I have there is taken up by my trail light battery.

I think Wolf Tooth *might* have a bottle cage doubler that could work, but lifting the cage up anymore could possibly bring it into conflict with my coil shock

Last edited:

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
My OneUp pump has a holder that allows for a large range of adjustment for tube width. No issue on any of my eBikes. Plus a Fidlock mount to make water bottle access a bit easier.

Gordon

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just space your pump mount (or whatever other accessories you want to fit) out from the bottle bosses until there's room using slightly longer bottle mount bolts if needs be.
The conical spacers found on v brake pads fit nicely over rivnuts to space cages/pumps etc out from a frame.
_20220102_033030.JPG

Each v brake pad comes with a long and a short one so you can fine tune the height.
The short ones are also used with Shimano and SRAM brake caliper bolts/mounts

BowenTheSheep

Dec 14, 2021
Australia
Just space your pump mount (or whatever other accessories you want to fit) out from the bottle bosses until there's room using slightly longer bottle mount bolts if needs be.
The conical spacers found on v brake pads fit nicely over rivnuts to space cages/pumps etc out from a frame.
View attachment 79159
Each v brake pad comes with a long and a short one so you can fine tune the height.
The short ones are also used with Shimano and SRAM brake caliper bolts/mounts

Man, that's a hella good idea, I never thought of using v brake spacers! Thanks so much, I might give that a try.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles